UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
tht is quite funny, but its amazing how people either dont know the height of their vehicles or just dont give a damn.

We had similar happen where i was at uni regularly but once it happened a couple of times in the same month and its so annoying when they have to close the road off because a lorry or something is stuck and then they need to check the bridge and see if there's any structural damage, etc so on and so forth.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
That is pretty funny, especially thoe expesive looking caravans going under :D

Used to have a bridge liek that hear locally, huge bright yellow letter saying low bridge, was still struck regularly, even by local buses :rolleyes:

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
Amazing! I was stunned by the absolute ignorance of the drivers who were unaware of the traavelling height of their vehicles.:glare:

Sacked! Sacked! Sacked! Sacked! Sacked! Sacked! Sacked!

What do you mean you let the air out of your tyres first? You're still Sacked!

And No! The faster you go the longer your vehicle doesn't get and therefore it's height doesn't decrease either! You're Sacked too!:D

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
I worked for a HGV trailer firm 20 years ago, bridge strikes provided work, one "curtainsider" came in with the front and rear walls sloping backwards and the curtains dragging on the floor after hitting a bridge near Dudley, west mids.

The guy who did most of the work was also the HGV driver at the site so once it was ready (about 2 weeks later) he had to deliver it back to its owners and off he went

about an hour later he walked into work, said nothing, clocked out and left the building (this was only about 2pm)

outside was the unit+trailer, he had hit the same bridge that caused the original damage...............:cryin::cryin::cryin::cryin::cryin:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
my mother is a HGV driver and it amazes me how many idiots who drive trucks (or vehicles in general) can be!!
collie barmy i've seen one of my mothers colleagues do the same thing! needless to say he was fired

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.