Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Stupid Husband Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nicci, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I've been married for 10 years and over those years my husband has done some extremely stupid things :D

I'll start with the day he murdered my fish (there are many other stories, which I will add later).

On a really hot sunny day (I was working) he was at home with time to kill he decided to give the fish pond a good clean, so he caught all the fish and placed them in the wishing well and covered the well over (with the fish in it) with a sheet of aluminium and carried on with the cracking job he wanted to regarding cleaning the fish pond.

I came home from work around 8 hours after he started, he was still merrily working away in the soaring heat. I walked outside, saw what he was doing and asked where he'd put the fish? He replied in the "well" :eek: "We will start catching them a moment as I'm almost done", I pulled the piece of aluminium off the well and said "well catching them should be easy", he said "oh thats good then, why is that?"

I said "cos there all DEAD you fish murderer! You've fryed them in the heat under that metal sheet"

Btw, it is a true story and I have photo evidence of his face while I was shouting at him, it caused a really big fat row as I'd had some of those fish for years and I've never forgiven him.

2. claire

claire Guest

lol Nicci. Thats men for ya lol, im off to bed now hun but will add a story to this thread tomorrow.
    :)
    Bet it will have some really funny stories on , good thread Nicci

3. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I have this theory that men deliberatly mess up so they dont get asked to do more. I could tell loads of stories bout hubby but younger ones on this forum would be asking questions that make parents embarressed. ;)

4. borderer

borderer Guest

you have realy made me laugh sorry:D:D:smilewinkgrin::crying:

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

hmmm I don't have a stupid husband... or any husband for that matter, but when I do get one, he will probably be stupid :D so until that time comes, can I include stupid dad stories? I have more than enough of them :rolleyes:

6. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

It's stories like these that make me thankful that im single.

7. borderer

borderer Guest

bring it on:D:)

8. claire

claire Guest

yes please do :)

All silly men should be included :)

9. LadyRedLainey

LadyRedLainey PetForums VIP

Aww poor fish! :(

Both my husband and i are as bad as each other :eek: :lol:

10. Nicci

Nicci Guest

Dad stories are welcome, I have a stupid step dad, maybe I'll throw a couple of stories in of what he's done too :D

11. borderer

borderer Guest

im of to bed now but will be watching in morning think this thread is gonna be funny:rolleyes::D:):smilewinkgrin:

12. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I'd better not post post about an absolute classic that happened not long after we had met, it involved a dog of mine at the time and instructions he didn't act upon, long story but really funny! :D

OMG that would be so embarrassing for him, posting about that :D

13. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

well, there was the time with the pizzas... not as hilarious as most silly man stories, but it was rather stupid of him :rolleyes:

He got our pizzas out for tea and put them in the oven ready for later on and my mum was like "are these pizzas ready to cook?" and he was like "yeah yeah they're fine", so this to us women means that you just switch the oven on and let them cook. So that is what she did. What my dad failed to tell her is that he hadn't bothered to take them out of the plastic wrapping :rolleyes: so we had these really nice cheese and tomato pizzas with a tasty melted plastic topping for tea :rolleyes: complete with a side order of plasticy stenching kitchen :eek:hmy:

Then there's the time when he went to my new college for me to sort out a letter or something they'd sent me..... except he went to the WRONG college... the absoloute shame of it :eek: so he was ranting on to some poor receptionist about a letter sent out from a completely different college :rolleyes:

....and the budgie. I got my budgie the day after New Year's Day this year, but me and my mum knew he wasn't keen on the idea of more animals, so we just decided to try and sneak him in without my dad noticing (as you do :D) so anyway, Noel the budgie was there for a whole week before my dad had any idea that he existed LOL.... he even went into my room once and had a full conversation with me and still didn't notice a big cage with a blue and white chirping budgie perched inside it :eek:ut: ....and he calls himself a policeman LOL I think he needs to brush up on his detective skills :001_tt2:

14. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aww you wouldn't want to be embarrassing him now, would you? That would just be mean....... but great fun :devil: come on, spill the beans :D :laugh:

15. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Thank God mine is now an ex-husband:D but I'll think back for some!

16. Nicci

Nicci Guest

OMG he hasn't got a brother called Manny has he? :D

He sounds just like my husband :D

I had my hair coloured from natural blonde to really bright red, all my husband kept saying for a week was "You look different but I can't work out what it is" until my mother pointed it out to him one afternoon that it was actually my hair that had been coloured :D

17. Nicci

Nicci Guest

OMG LOL I can't believe I am about to post this :eek: :D

When I met my husband, I owned a Black Labrador called Roxanne, she was a delightful dog in every sense of the word :)

Anyway, one of his mates were getting married so they were going on a stag do not far away from where I lived, it pretty much tied in with me having to go away and work in Blackpool (as at the time I worked for a rather big Amusements business). So I suggested that he could stay at my house, for the weekend as it would be easier for him to get back to my place rather than going home, plus it killed two birds with one stone as I knew Roxanne would be looked after :)

So I thought great :D I have no worries, anyway I told him she was walked 3-4 times a day as she had a complex about messing in the back garden for some reason, he agreed that looking after her wouldn't be a problem. So off I went to Blackpool on the Friday afternoon leaving him to look after Roxanne.

I came back late Sunday night, he was sleeping on the living room floor heavily hung over from the Saturday night, Roxanne the other side of the room happily squeaking her squeaky toys, seemed like she had no worries in the world :D

Until I noticed 1 giant dog turd Roxanne had deposited right next to his head :D He heard me fussing Roxanne and got up, putting his head and hand in the dog turd then rubbing his head with that hand (which both had dog poop on them) trying to wake himself up a little to greet me, he then said "Oh god what is that" sniffing his hand, I said "unless it's your own, looks like Roxanne has left you a pressie" he had missed her late evening walk by falling asleep on the floor :D

18. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Am off to bed sniggering :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    And you still married him Nicci?! :D

19. Nicci

Nicci Guest

Yes, unfortunately :eek:

I suppose I have no takers here for him then? :D

20. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

LOL what a great thread. Aren't all husbands stupid then? :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice