Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Soap Thread - may contain spoilers.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kimthecat, Oct 27, 2017.

1. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Well! yesterday's {Mondays } episodes :Jawdrop

Seems like Gary has "bought the farm" in Ukraine. An explosion , a body and his St Christopher . But is it really him ?
    Hmm . I have my suspicions.
    Talking of suspicions , Luke the garage mechanic has finally twigged on there is something strange about Andy's disappearance .
    Will he end up in the canal along side Andy . I hope not , it must be getting a bit crowded in there! :D

stockwellcat. and Cleo38 like this.
  2. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Not enjoying it much lately ... I don't like Mary's son or his weird wife. I like it more when Mary & Norris are having a bit of banter, or Dev trying to show off to his latest GF or any story with Liz or Tracy (who are my faves).

Billy & that Summer are just too irritating for words, Toyah is bland & The Rovers just isn't the same with her & Peter running it, David is boring & I miss his manipulative old ways ... I could go on moaning but I won't :D :D :D

Bobbie and kimthecat like this.
  3. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

@anyone. How true to life is Coronation street?

I'm asking this because that dirty word 'BREXIT' appears to be on the lips of just about everyone.

Are they discussing the upheaval down the Rovers? What about down the knickers factory or the corner shop?
    Does anybody sit down and watch Eastenders on Coronation Street?
    Is the TV in the Vic' ever switched on for the punters to watch Coronation Street?
    Why don't the folks from Emmerdale's Woolpack ever arrange a darts tournament with the thugs from Albert Square, or is it just that the Dingle boys are all as hard as our Zak and the Walford wussies are really just pussies?o_O

kimthecat likes this.
  4. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

Anyone heard the spoiler about David's upcoming storyline? Sounds awful and upsetting and not what I watch Corrie for - a bit of escapism and light relief.

kimthecat likes this.
  5. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I must admit that Billy's angst is irritating , get over it Billy. I will miss Todd though .
    Definitely agree about the Rovers , Toyah and Peter , could they be anymore boring ! Its good to see Liz back behind the bar .

6. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

NO ! OMG what going to happen . is Phelan going to throw him in the canal too along side Luke ?
    I just wish they'd let him have some happiness . Id like to see his dad Martin back in the soap ,

7. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

No .... it's going to be a rape storyline ..... bit too heavy going for Corrie IMO, I much prefer it to be slightly light hearted.

8. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

Is Gary dead though?
    He might just turn up in a few years time when people have forgotten about him and say he was robbed in the Ukraine and his ST Christopher chain and passport was stolen.

Phelan is in a tricky stituation at the moment.

kimthecat likes this.
  9. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

*spoiler alert*

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/latest-news/coronation-street-rape-david-platt-507049/

It is grim, I've only just recovered from Bethany's misery and now this. It honestly makes me want to stop watching - I gave up on Eastenders a few years ago because it was so relentlessly depressing.

I don't think we've seen the last of him...

kimthecat likes this.
  10. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

@stockwellcat. I have my suspicions. I dont want to give anything away but google will tell you .

@Cleo38 :( I understand that they want to tackle issues such as this , but it feels that there are too many other horrible storylines at the moment . I wish they would leave it until the phelan storyline reaches its conclusion .

@picaresque yes , way too much like Eastenders . I stopped watching that years ago .

stockwellcat., Cleo38 and picaresque like this.
  11. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

stockwellcat. and kimthecat like this.
  12. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

13. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

I'm glad someone has finally noticed that Andy is missing!! I mean, do they not have social media in Corrie? has Luke unfriended him on FB and so doesn't realise he hasn't posted an update in about a million years?/ Did no one think 'Bristol isn't that far away, maybe I'll go visit'. Hopefully it all comes out soon (Christmas storyline???) as Phelan is getting away with too much now.

I do like evil David as it gives his character a bit more depth but I'm not sure about the next storyline :/ I get they want to cover that kind of thing but it does seem a bit much after Bethanys...

I don't think Gary will be dead, but they'll not mention him for months on end and all of a sudden he'll come back after being through a kidnapping or something I reckon!

Clairabella and kimthecat like this.
  14. Clairabella

Clairabella PetForums VIP

I haven't watched Corrie properly for ages. Last time I watched it properly, he had been away working and come home, kicked off and slept with phalans daughter. What is Gary actually up to? What's the work he's been doing? Xx

15. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

Gary has been doing armed diplomatic protection work in the Ukraine very dodgy and risky work but was earning alot of money from it. But there was an incident on Monday which indicates he maybe dead.

16. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

He was doing security work in Ukraine working for an old army friend. he originally didn't want to do it as it was dangerous but he needed the money .

Clairabella and stockwellcat. like this.
  17. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

download.jpeg
    :Hilarious :D

18. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Clairabella and stockwellcat. like this.
  19. Clairabella

Clairabella PetForums VIP

Ah right! Xx

Well in that case, I don't think Gary is really dead :D:D:D

He's faking it and will turn up at xmas time lol xx

stockwellcat. and kimthecat like this.
  20. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Hahaha, loved Tracy's cactus present to Robert - very appropriate!!! :D :oops::p:D

And now Norris is getting all 'Fathers For Justice' .... wonder what his costume will be??! :D :Wideyed :Watching

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice