Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Sims 3?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by EmzieAngel, Jul 13, 2009.

1. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

As sad as it may sound lol, I have recently bought the sims 3.
    I was wondering has anyone else bought it?
    And have you had faults and errors with it?

If you're thinking of buying it, I really advise you not to, and this is why...

I first bought it Saturday and as I thought it was faulty I took it back, but this certain shop didn't have another copy.

So yesterday I went to Game to buy it, but once again, I was having problems installing it on my computer. Therefore I tried to install it on my mums laptop and it worked, however I haven't tried the game out on it. However, both laptop and PC have the same Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) which is the requirements for the game.

Some of you may think it's my computer that has the problem. But after all this trouble I decided to do my research and search errors and faults on the internet and I found that practically everyone who owns a copy of the Sims 3 are either having problems installing it, or are having technical faults, errors and crashes whilst playing the game. So the whole game is faulty which is EA Games fault, they've said they tested it and their tech team had no problems, but now it's been released everyone is having problems.

So after finding this out, I really don't want the game anyway and I think it's unfair that Game shops and other stores are selling this game with so many problems, but because EA Games haven't made an official statement on the matter, these shops probably don't know about the problems anyway.

Game's policy is that they will give a refund if the game is sealed in it's packaging or if it is faulty I can return in 3 months from the date I bought it. However, if I was to return it on the grounds that it's faulty [which technically every single copy is], would I have to exchange for another copy. [As after looking at their policy, it doesn't state this] Or would I be able to return it and have a refund?

The thing is it's really frustrating after having paid over £30 for it and I honestly think, they should call back these games.

Thanks if you're able to give me some advice on this.

2. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

I got it, wouldn't play on my lappy (freezing) so I put it on the comp , works but I'm sure it's a bit slow running

3. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Well I think there is a few people who are able to play it, but that's only a minority.

Others play it and it just crashes and they lose everything.

And others just can't play it at all.

Though I'm glad someone has actually been able to play it lol.
    x

4. _Lesley_

_Lesley_ PetForums Member

My sister bought hers on Saturday and she's been playing it all weekend without any issues - personally I think she's mad but thats my opinion lol

5. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

Aparently there's a patch for it , don't know if that would fix it

6. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Lucky! My mum thinks I'm mad too.

7. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Yeah apparently there is, but I've also been reading up on that.
    Many people on the Sims3 forum have tried the patch and it's just made matters worse. I might try it out later though and see if it helps me at all.
    x

8. Savahl

Savahl Guest

What happens with LOTS of pc games is that withing the first few months of release there are problems due to poor testing - but EA will release patches for it over a period of time ; who knows when. Keep an eye out on the EA support site for patch details, its a new game and highly popular so its very likely if its a known common problem a (decent) patch will soon be released

If it is open, as it is a PC game they may not take it back (piracy laws), but you may be lucky and they will give you exchange or in store credit - you may be VERY lucky and get money back but I wouldnt hold your hopes up on that.

9. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Ok, I really hope so, as the ones that have been released now aren't working for anyone, the question is can I download the patches without installing the game, as I haven't been able to find anything.

Yeah, they will probably exchange it, or in store credit, but it's not what I want really. I guess I just have to wait or throw my computer out the window =D lol.

10. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

My copy wouldnt let me past the 'create a sim' screen ... now it wont even let me in at all
    Im just waiting for EA to release a patch or summat ... but for now I have a £30 , not very eye catching , paperweight :(

11. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Same here and I can't even install.
    There are some patches around, but I haven't been able to install them as it says I need to install the game first which I cannot do.

So yeah, lots of waiting around until EA do something.
    x

12. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I have it and mine runs great I haven't seen any problems with it yet a lot less than sims 2 that randomly froze when I was trying to load new places. But Maxis is so bad about testing its games before they release its ridiculous. They should bring out a patch to fix it.

13. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I'm glad yours runs great.
    I have the sims 2 and that works perfectly fine for me, so I guess it's just my turn with the bad luck.

Lol yeah, there should be more patches coming out soon, apparently they are trying to fix it, so will just have to wait.

x

14. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

i have sims 3 and it works no problem and i like it :D graphics are awesome after i changed the settings to the highest and it runs smoothly wthout any crashes and it loads up quicker than the sims2 used to :D

15. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Yeah thats the same with mine the clock runs a little slow but its so much better than sims 2 and I'm on a crappy laptop that shouldn't even be able to handle it.

16. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Don't rub it in haha.

I'm actually quite surprised at how many people are able to run it, especially when finding the sims 3 forum and many had nothing but trouble.

17. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I kinda wish I had a laptop now, as it's installed perfectly on my mum's laptop and all I have is a tiny netbook as well as my PC :(

18. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

hehe :D

were u on the uk forum...i sometimes look at the american forum, they only complain about the time running too slow....

19. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

My copy works perfectly :D even on my laptop so I think i'm doubly lucky LOL

In fact, I think i'll go and play on it now :D ;)

But seriously, I do hope they sort it out soon, it isn't fair to release a game to everyone that might not work properly, they should test them more carefully instead of just rushing it out to us all :(

....now, where's me Sims disk :p :p

20. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I think so lol.
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice