UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the dogs were soo interested in what was in the sacks, lol. Being raw fed I thought they wouldn't want to know but how wrong was I? Greedy lil blighters love it!

It's not for all of them, it's for Kali as I can't seem to get her weight down with the raw and I know other Mal owners who feed it. So I have a light, weight loss kibble to see if I can actually get the 10kgs off her at last.

I have no idea what to feed so the website has said to try her on 400grms a day, may need increasing or reducing as her breed and exercise levels have to be considered. So I am starting her on 350grms a day with raw veg to see if that is enough. It's a tall order to get 10kgs off and I really hope this plan will work. If I reduce the raw she doesn't seem to get hardly any food at all but then 350grms doesn't seem much either - ah well I can but try.

She is 53kgs now and has piled on that 10kgs without me realising. Just hope the amount she gets is not a starvation diet but she obviously has fat reserves and as her exercise is upped once her lameness subsides, plus her hydrotherapy which starts next week again, the vet said she'll be a different dog.

Fingers crossed I'm not starving my poor girl, lol!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Shorty is a complete madam with dry food, CSJ is the only one she enjoys and alot of Mal husky owners recommended it :)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Mine were on CP21 (salmon based) but one of my dogs put on weight so they went onto CP18 and did really well on both.

I started Scout the pup on fish for dogs, and swapped above dog onto it for convenience, and again her weight ballooned, so she is back on the CSJ CP18 and she does really well on it. She was on tiny amounts of the Fish for Dogs and still put weight on.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What CSJ food is it?
It's 'Old Champ' my daughter recommended and this one is said to be for the older, overweight dog. Didn't want a working dog variety or young dog one in case it's meant to build them up. We shall see if it helps - hope so!

Good Luck :D.
Good luck with picking up mounds of poop more like. You know what I was like the last time I tried kibble, lol. The more that comes out the less she'll be storing, is what I'm thinking. She'll still have a few small raw meals a week, just to keep her pearlies white! ;)

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
It's 'Old Champ' my daughter recommended and this one is said to be for the older, overweight dog. Didn't want a working dog variety or young dog one in case it's meant to build them up. We shall see if it helps - hope so!

Good luck with picking up mounds of poop more like. You know what I was like the last time I tried kibble, lol. The more that comes out the less she'll be storing, is what I'm thinking. She'll still have a few small raw meals a week, just to keep her pearlies white! ;)
Monty had the champ for a while. That was his favourite.
There wasn't that much poo that I can remember with Monty though

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Both my boys are on the hi-lost and love it :) Tummels poo isn't huge, Dans is but he's eating over 700g a day at the moment!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.