Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The royal wedding

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KathrynH, Apr 29, 2011.

1. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Let start a thread about the special day we have today, who watched it? what did we all think? Who was crying?

I was crying nearly all the way through, thinking about princess diana, it was a tremendous ceremony, and so emotional and wonderful.

Bride looked absolutely stunning and so pretty, boys were so handsome.

Let's hear your lovely views??? xx

2. No tear Here!
    Aside from the wedding I loved seeing that sea of Union Jacks !
    And Prince Harry - seeing him in that carriage with the young pages and the cheers as his went by!
    Can't you just see that glint in his eye!

3. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Kate looked STUNNING

4. The best part of the day for me is Prince Harry...my OH said to me that it would not surprise him if Harry streaked across the church.:tongue_smilie:

The bride looks beautiful, very happy.....

5. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

both looked stunning right down to the bridemaids ect

6. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

I loved watching it only teared up for the singing of God Save the Queen. Beautiful wedding a very intimate for a Royal Wedding not over done or under... Perfect day...Prince Harry is a charmer I love his impish look..Prince William is smitten with his Bride so nice to see. Prince Charles looked so proud, the couple did a very good job intergrating Diana, Camilla and Catherines family was very well done...I loved the dress

#6 canuckjill, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  7. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC! loved every minute, think everyone concerned did extremely well, it was a huge occasion and the pressures on everyone must have been enormous, took a sharp intake of breath when the ring was going on or not as i first thought:eek:.
    To think "our country" is the only place that this could happen to no other country will ever stage something as enormous as this, ime not a royalist as such, as in watching everything they do but i honestly defy that anyone could "not" have been proud to be british today.:)

#7 haeveymolly, Apr 29, 2011
  8. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Yes i totally agree, i dont watch anything they do but i had to have a look today and i really got into the mood as you can see with all the threads!!:D:D

Feel very proud today.

One question i have though, at my wedding i was not allowed any photos or videos in the church so how come they were allowed in the abbey. The vicar said that we were not allowed due to the CHURCH laws etc. :eek:

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Westminster Abbey, I believe, is excempt from certain 'church' laws. The commentators mentioned that the Abbey reports directly to the Sovereign and not to the Archbishops etc as it the rule in all other churches in the land.

Additionally, I think special dispensation is probably given for the Royal Family for State Occasions such as Weddings, Funerals & Coronations.

I think it has been a beautiful occasion and I get SO annoyed at people who 'diss' our Royal Family because there are countries in the world who would love to have the superb level of tradition that Britain has. You can see this today by the amount of foreigners lining the streets.

Long may they Live and Long may they Reign.

#9 MoggyBaby, Apr 29, 2011
  10. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Westminster abbey must have a different law:rolleyes: we were allowed pictures in our church tho.

11. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

I imagined they would. :rolleyes:

12. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Absolutely loved it! fantastic occasion and Im so proud to be British! Im not a huge royalist but I think the boys are amazing and have done their mum proud today - its a part of our history and a part im proud of - lovely to see all the flags too and all the crowds - many different nationalities and many people have come over from other countries to watch it - nice to see evryone coming together :) - Kate looked amazing in her dress and her mum and dad must have been so proud.....I wanna get married!!!:eek: - ONLY JOKING!!!:D

13. willa

willa PetForums VIP

WOW look at those crowds walking down towards the Palace !! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

14. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

Just saw the Bobby's my Dad was a Bobby when we lived in the UK...brought back some nice moments

15. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Another thing that I think needs to be mentioned...

I am delighted that there were NO protests or 'incidents'.

For once, our security services really did come up trumps.

And to ALL those who wanted to spoil this beautiful day with their pathetic political agendas, I have only one thing to say......

:001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

16. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

I didn't watch it. It doesn't bother me, it won't effect me in any way apart from getting fed up of hearing about it, and I've got better things to do :)

17. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

alrighty then

18. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Very true and totally agree :D:D

19. West minster abbey is NOT governed by nor answerable to the church I believe, Nor is it the Archbishop - Believe the Queen rules there!!! but could be wrong!

20. ukmutz

ukmutz PetForums Member

Not really my cup of tea, so no I didn't bother watching it, but I wish them both good luck as I think they will need it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice