UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is most definately not all cute and fluffy.

This was what met me at 6am this morning :eek:

Might be worth a sticky, if this doesn't put people off nothing will :D

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Well even Nella can't be perfect all the time ;)

Maybe she's just trying to tell you morning starts at 5am not 6am as you seem to think :p

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well even Nella can't be perfect all the time ;)

Maybe she's just trying to tell you morning starts at 5am not 6am as you seem to think :p
Given the fact that the poop had to be literally scrubbed up off the floor i have a feeling it was even earlier than that !!

Thought it was going to be better this morning because she only whined for a bit when she first went down, didn't hear her at all in the night :rolleyes:

Have re introduced the crate today as a concept and she is currently sparko in it with the door open. DAP diffuser arrived too so that is plugged in too :thumbup1:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Urgh! I'll have to show this to OH who has reached the phase of thinking puppies are fantastic all the time, forgetting some of the horrors we went through with Scrabble. Some of our realities:

- Standing in the garden, at 3.am, in a bloody snowdrift waiting for Scrabble to do her business for an hour whilst she thinks "Ooooh, snow, let's go digging and playing!."

- I don't know what clean clothes are anymore. Finding jeans without a muddy paw print on constitutes an accomplishment.

- That floor you have just cleaned? Forget it. It's like a toddler strewing toys everywhere and destuffing them. Here is the evidence:

- If it falls to the ground, it belongs to the hound. We learned this the hard way after she swallowed a bottle top that necessitated an operation. Been considerably more vigilant since!

- You operate on pup's schedule not vice-versa. My thesis went out of the window for about a month with occasional bursts of productivity when she was napping. Don't underestimate the amount of attention a young dog requires.

For all the grumbling though, we love her to bits. She's gone from this at three weeks:

To this, a week ago, having just turned one:

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL great pictures !!

Maybe that is the deal with this thread, pictures say so much more than words :D

·
Super Moderator
29,629 Posts
Aww bless, I'm not missing the little puppy days now Rogue is 6 months old, but I wish I had taken pics of the damage she's done so I can remind myself I never want to do it again :lol:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
oh dear but loving this thread.. when we first got zelda i had several crying momments sitting on the floor with my head in my hands wondering what the hell i had done.

our daily routine has changed since having her with another walk added in and feeding time changes, when she is asleep i work as fast as i can to do as much as i can and when she wants to play its easier to give in than try and get something else done it doesnt work she will fly at your lap and rub her favourite toy ( also known as the stink cushion) in your face.

Its hard hard work and doesnt just stop at 12 weeks like a lot seem to say zelda is now 7 months and is like a tazmanian devil romping through the house!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
We've just about forgotten the horrors of our whippet puppy who is now just short of 18 months old.

So of course we're getting another one :eek:

Exactly 8 weeks of normality left then everything goes to hell in a hand basket for about six months :lol:

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Do I need to buy you a camera for Christmas missus?! Myself and Babycham have had a discussion about you, we think you need to let Nelly get up close and friendly with the camera so she learns how to pose :p

Practise makes perfect ;)

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Haha, this made me laugh!

You think a puppy is hard work but they are so much harder than you realise. I love Piper to bits but she was hard and if we were to do it again, theres a lot I would do differently. I do however think it will be a LONG time before we consider a puppy!

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure I want to read threads like this with new puppy around the corner :eek: :eek:.
OMGlooking at your ticker you best get some sleep in and baton down the hatches :eek:

Do I need to buy you a camera for Christmas missus?! Myself and Babycham have had a discussion about you, we think you need to let Nelly get up close and friendly with the camera so she learns how to pose :p

Practise makes perfect ;)
I have a camera i am just too knackered so its easier to use my mobile :p If i let her get up close she would eat it :eek:

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
See I don't remember anything like that, either Zach was an angel or I've got my rose tinted lenses in :001_huh:

I'd still do it again in a flash!!

ps. the answer Mrs, is to let her come to bed with you...it'll solve all your problems:D

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
See I don't remember anything like that, either Zach was an angel or I've got my rose tinted lenses in :001_huh:

I'd still do it again in a flash!!

ps. the answer Mrs, is to let her come to bed with you...it'll solve all your problems:D
Oscar was a dream overnight and not bad on the whole with toilet training but he came to us already pretty much crate trained which really helped i think.

Saying that he was a demon nipper and nella is an absolute doddle compared to him on that front, very chilled (for a puppy), 4 paws mostly on the floor (unless there is food on the kitchen side :rolleyes: )

If i take her to bed with me she will just hoon about all night and given how big she will be and how small my bedroom is its not feasible long term :eek:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Good luck.. you sure you wanna do it all over again? lol x
We've had pictures sent of the pups so that's it, my heart is lost :001_wub:

I'll be weeping in a corner soon enough after he arrives though wondering what the hell we've done :lol:

Plus I can look at what a star his older (half) brother is and keep telling myself we've done it once and it was worth it, we can do it again!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.