Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The propaganda begins..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by poohdog, Apr 4, 2011.

1. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Well in the last couple of days I've seen ads for up and coming 'Love your local royalty shows' It looks like they're going to be crammed down our throats for weeks to come.
    I've been told how we're all 'thrilled' and 'proud' and 'excited' at the prospect of some rich hoi poloi getting married.
    Same with the up and coming Olympics...Well I for one am totally underwhelmed.

How the hell the media expect the average man in the street to be jumping up and down with joy when half the country is suffering huge tax and bills increases...not to mention the misery of unemployment.I don't know.

By the way...are we still in Afghanistan?...Hows it going out there?...Any recent deaths?
    It's all gone very quiet with the media concentrating on Libya,Japan and royalty 'aint it?

Ah well...with the recent riots in London and a car bomb in Ireland I suppose they'll be spending lots more millions of our money on security for the up and coming extravaganzas.

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

With all the crap that has been going on in the news lately i personaly think the royal wedding is something happy to look forward to.I can't say i'm a fan of the royal family but i do like William and Harry.
    I just hope William and Kate get a better deal than Diana did.I wish them both all the best.:D

Jazzy likes this.
  3. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

I want something happy to look forward to...for us!!...they've everything going for them...we haven't.

4. Bandy

Bandy Banned

Ya know, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this type thing....and actually cares enough to voice it.

For anyone who isn't sucked into the television and just "watches" it, it's painfully obvious what's going on with it.
    It's more a tool for placation and attitude manipulation than any form or...entertainment....and forget any idea of real information.

Great post, poohdog.

[​IMG]

5. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

The bottom line is, there will always be the haves and have nots in the world,its never been any different.We just happen to be in the have nots section.But we are still better off than a lot.:)

6. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

One of the blessings of my telly being broke is that I've not had to listen to all that garbage about how wonderful the olympics are for the country, and how wonderful the royal wedding is going to be.
    I do not give a stuff about the ruddy olympics, we can't afford to have them here.
    I wish the engaged couple well, the same as I would anyone else.

You do get a differant point of view when not constantly being bombarderd by what 'they' want you to see/know.

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I think that depends on your perspective really. I may not be cash rich but I am rich in many, many other ways so I don't actually think I am 'less better off' than the likes of the Royals, I just live my life differently from them.

I actually like being able to leave the house without having papparazzi hanging out on the pavement trying to catch me having an off-day. I love the anonymity of going to Tesco's & no-body hankering after me for an autograph when all I want is a pint of milk so I can have my first coffee of the day. Not having a lot of cash means that I don't have worry about the safety of my friends, family or pets because no-one will want to kidnap them if I don't have any money to pay them.

Yes, it would be nice to have a newer car or live in a bigger house in a nicer area but it's not the end of my world that I can't.

I am looking forward to watching the Royal Wedding but I won't be sitting wishing it were me. No thanks, I am quite happy with the life I've got and the person I am. :D

babycham2002 likes this.
  8. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

A little bit of me did think "diversion tactics" when the wedding was announced :rolleyes:, I still wish them well and will be watching.

Although I'm looking forward to the Olympics (sport freak that I am :eek:), I find it quite ironic that the last time Britain held the event the country was near enough on its knees :rolleyes:

9. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

THEY...have this habit of telling us what we think...have you noticed?

It used to annoy me when the press called the Queen Mother..'The country's favourite Grandma'...no she wasn't. MY Grandma was my favourite...not some complete stranger waving a gloved hand out of a car window.
    Hyacinth Bucket took her off to a tee when she copied her in 'Keeping up Appearances'

10. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I am happy for them nice to see young people shock horror long relationship hopefully good happy marriage. Not getting married 3 days after they meet, many photoshoots/interviews etc, nasty breakup oh a week later, back together again, repeat several times with friend's/ex's jumping in for their bit of fame before a final long drawn out bitter divorce. Imagine that in famous people today :eek:.

I barely watch tv these days either mostly just download tv shows to watch online the news just annoys me every time I watch it

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Im sure it will be nice for them to get married....but no more so then anybody else.:) (might be just like anyone else's wedding.I can imagine Phil saying something embaressing to the brides family thats for sure!!:D)
    I have no idea about current affairs Im afraid. I dont watch the news or read newspapers, mostly I only know things happen if people here mention them!!:eek:

12. borderer

borderer Guest

royals are a wast of money and who pays for the big flash wedding

13. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

They're paying for the wedding themselves...mind you their money comes from us anyway.The Duchy of Cornwall should belong to all of us,not just Charlie.
    It will cost a bomb...and whatever they say it will cost,I'll bet it's a hell of a lot more. Dozens of guests like Blair and Maggie have their own protection too...including a Northern Ireland minister from 30 years ago who's name I forget...they all have their own bodyguards 24/7 paid by us.

14. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, Oh hello, looks like someone forgot their happy pills again :blink:. wayne.

15. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Good to know Im not the only one not overjoyed at the prospect of my taxes paying for a wedding when I dont even think we should have a monarchy! :mad:

16. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Couldnt give a toss if they are married or not to be honest BUT i do think they should be paying for it themselves.,... its not as if he doesnt work.....waste of time and money ....

BUT thanks for the bank hol willie ;)

17. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

That's right..I'm a moaning old gent ...and I've got damned good reason when the taxes I pay are wasted on the filthy rich...banks and royalty.

What shall I post about next...somebody's birthday or a load of pretty kittens?

#17 poohdog, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
  18. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Re-named you as a "gent" ;)

ETA I vote for kittens :lol:

19. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

How about the money wasted on wars.Now that i would go along with.:D

20. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

We all have something going for us at sometimes in our lives so we have to remember them times and look forward to the next times rather than focusing on all the crap going on in the country, i very rarely hink about it tbh, cant change it so i focus on all the things ive got, a lovely healthy and happy family 3 gorgeous dogs, a job and so has many more people so we have to be grateful, things could be much worse and ime looking forward to watching the royal wedding i think they are a lovely couple.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice