Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The problem with small dogs...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by McKenzie, Aug 24, 2013.

1. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Usually when we walk, Kenzie is behind me, so I have to keep turning around to check on her. Twice in the past two weeks though I've looked behind me and she's nowhere to be seen! So I've had a mild panic attack, turned in a full circle scowering the landscape for her and finally realised....she's right beside me :eek:

Does this happen to anyone else? :eek:

2. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

All of the time! And generally Sophie is looking up at me with such a quizzical expression - "What's the matter , Mammy?" that I have to laugh.

3. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I do this at work.

It happened the other day and I said to my co-worker,"Sh@t where's lil' izzy?!". My co worker about died laughing and replied,"She's sat right between your feet". :eek: opps

I think I like having a dog I can't loose so easy lol

4. BoredomBusters

BoredomBusters PetForums VIP

Yes, especially with Scamp!

5. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

Yes and my dogs not even little! Haha I walk my wheaten in a field full of wheat and the times I've looked behind and panicked because I can't see him to find hes blended in with the field is ridiculous!

#5 vet-2-b, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  6. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Yep all the time with Lola :)

7. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

Thank god :p I thought I had dementia now I know I'm not alone :drool::laugh:

8. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

All the time :eek: and when I find one I 'loose' the other 2 :eek: and then start the process all over again :D

9. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I'm glad it's not just me! It doesn't happen often because usually I'm checking on her regularly enough to have a good sense of how close to me she is, but it freaks me out when it happens! It must have looked hilarious to anyone watching! :eek:

10. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I regulary 'loose' the littel ones especially in the house. Sally likes to lie on the back of my chair on the windowsill. I will often say were's Sal only to get told she's behind you. Mind you one day I put Alex's collar on Daisy and wandered why he wouldn't walk with the others. She's not yet going out for walks.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

It only happens with Adam when they are off lead. If he decides that he has had enough and is fed up he will walk directly behind my feet, practically on my heels. Its a complete blindspot and I often have to do a complete turn to find him (Ive often wonder what it looks like to other people when I have this teeny ankle sized dog attached to me like a bad smell!!).:D
    If they are on lead then I frequently feel I dont have them as the eldest 3 potter along directly behind on loose leads...if Im not holding the leads they might as well not be there!!

12. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

This happens to me with medium dogs. :eek:

13. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

This happens to me with Oscar when we're out on the field - he'll be sniffing around the long grass a few meters away, so I carry on walking and look back to the approximate spot he was wandering in, only to find he's not there. I then do a full 360 panicking because he's nowhere in sight, only to find he's right at my feet looking up at me as if to say "Whatchu panicking for? Daftbat..."

14. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Hannahs disappearing act isnt really related to her being small. She will zoom into some hedgerow or undergrowth and be happily snuffling away leaving me calling her.
    The cheeky mare will always be the oppisite end to where I think she is though so I look like a proper dingbat shouting for a dog that has popped out of a hedge 20ft behind me and is standing there looking all innocent!:rolleyes:

15. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

Yes - happens quite often with Molly

16. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

We should all congratulate ourselves on our dogs' ability to walk to heel offlead - even if we didn't intend them to! :lol:

17. danielled

danielled Guest

Buddy did it to me yesterday. I can only see out of my kept eye and that I's blurred tunnel vision So I have him on my left but as I was talking to a neighbour on a walk I said where's my dog she said he's right there on your right hand side. He'd decided to sit on my blind side.:eek:

#17 danielled, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  18. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

Same here, I quite often lose sight of one of the whippets and start spinning round trying to spot them only to notice them sitting at my feet :001_rolleyes::blushing:

19. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy PetForums VIP

Bell on the collar?

20. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Toffee is dreadful for it. She gets behind me then turns as I do so I cant find her. It is becoming quite a joke if I am looking for her in the yard and the girls shout out 'she is behind you'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice