UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon Folks,

We both hope you are all well today.

Well........................ It has been an exciting weekend here at Moggy Towers. :D

To go back to Friday.... You will be delighted, I'm sure, to read that my evil machinations achieved the desired result and The Princess left her safe room and wandered up the hallway to clean out her bowl!!!! :thumbup: She seemed very pleased with herself as she pranced around her room when I got home from work. :) She was still being a bit funny though about going into the other bedroom and continued to stop at the door. That room has a VERY soft, but deep pile, carpet and I think it felt a bit strange to her.

Anyway, she was put back in her room to allow the rest of the Posse some run-around room after being fed. Merson was not happy that I was in with Moo and kept yamming outside the door. I decided that since we were on a bit of a roll, it was time for the two of them to meet. I popped Merson in the carrier basket and brought him into the room. Moo was at the front of the bed and sat watching him for about 1.5 mins with no hissing or growling!!! :eek: :D She then quietly slunk to her back 'I feel a bit safer here' spot where she continued to sit and watch him. Merson was too busy being pissed at being in his basket to really bother with her - as had been my cunning plan ;) - so there was no hissing from him either. My evil radar must have been going full tilt on Friday because I then walked out of the room and left them eyeballing each other for about 10 mins. It's ok though, I had left the door ajar and I was sitting just the other side of it, ready to dive back in at the first sign of trouble. Except..... there was none. Moo gave out one or two perfunctory hisses and growls but there was absolutely NOTHING in them what-so-ever. :) When I took Merson back out, she didn't sulk and happily came straight out to me when I went back in to see how she was. :001_smile: It would seeem that she had accepted that my 'nastiness' had all been for her benefit, so all was well.

Yesterday morning, when I got up, I carried her into the other bedroom and put her on the bed beside the OH. I was determined to keep opening up her spaces. She stayed on the bed for about a minute or so before jumping down and heading off back to her own room. However, she had to 'walk on the carpet of squigyness' to get out of the room.... ;) I hoped that this would compute in her mind as being ok for her to stand on.

After OH left to go to footie for the day, I had a swap-about. The Posse hadn't been upstairs nearly all week and were getting antsy about it. So Moo was brought downstairs and the Posse went upstairs. This was a great opportunity for them to get a good sniff around her room

Well, what can I say about The Princess in her new and strange surroundings? She was brilliant!!! She was very brave and had a good sniff and look around. She went the length of the house from the front room all the way through to the bathroom. I even managed to get some pics of her being brave for y'all to keep you happy :D:

"Hmmmmmm, just been out there...... Shall I go for another look or just stay here???"

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhh........ What's on this here table then?"

"Ooooo sod the table, what have we got here....... A window!!! I LIKE windows...."

"Slave, slave, slave...... Look at what I did!!! Put the flashy thing away and bow down to my wonderfulness....!!!"

Unfortunately, about 10 mins after these phtotgraphs were taken, she discovered 'the land behind the sofa' and proceeded to stay there for the rest of the afternoon!!! :rolleyes: She did occasionally wander out for some treats or brushing but was very quick to go back. The slave did try to block one entrance but the wiley little madam had sussed out that this wee oasis of calm had TWO entrances and had bombed round to the second one before slave could block that one off too. :blink: :rolleyes: :D Hey ho......

At 6pm, The Princess was taken back up to her special retreat in order for the rest of the posse to come down to be fed. Later in the evening I went up to be with her but, after such an exciting day, all she wanted to do was sleep. So that is what we both did. :)

To Be Continued................

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Yaaay....piccies of the Princess :thumbup: Thanks for those MB!!

Moo moo looks as Regal as ever and great news that she is taking everything in her stride....she's such a brave girl and heres to seeing her grow and strive every day.:)

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Oh MB , this is sooooooooooo wonderful :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

I must confess , seeing her pictures in your home made me :crying: .... sadness and happiness really :eek:

Sad because it makes it a bit more real for me that i'm no longer her slave :( but overwhelming joy to see her looking so brave and happy :) :) And oh my god , she's so beautiful !!! :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

I can't believe how well she's doing :) :) :)

I know i've said it before but , thank you so SO much xxx

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
i need to read your previous updates but great pictures :D
Shes beautiful with lovely markings and sounds like shes doing brilliantly well :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.