UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate flying, hate heights, and am claustrophobic:eek::eek::eek:
In fact its not flying that scares me, its the crashing:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So Im going to be brave tonight and watch the program about the plane crash, where the pilots jump out and let the plane crash to see whats the safest place to travel in a plane, arent I brave:eek::eek::D:D:D

On at 9pm, Ill have had a glass of wine by the too so that will relax me:D:D:D

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
I'm flying in just over a month's time and I'm going to watch it. Not really a nervous flyer, I actually feel better knowing why freaky stuff like turbulance happens, and knowing how pilots overcome it comforts me. I love the take off bit, that's the exciting bit.

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
You should watch Aircraft Crash Investigations.

Makes you uncomfortably aware of how faults with the little things adversely affect the big things.

And they tell you every Plane crash makes the future of air travel much safer.:001_unsure:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NO WAY am i watching that :eek: would put me off flying forever
No, it wont put you off, its going to find out wheres the best place to sit to survive:001_unsure::001_unsure:

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
You should watch Aircraft Crash Investigations.

Makes you uncomfortably aware of how faults with the little things adversely affect the big things.

And they tell you every Plane crash makes the future of air travel much safer.:001_unsure:
Fortunately they're the ones that happened years ago, that's why accidents like those are very rare now. Statistically its the safest form of travelling - if I could afford it, flying to and from work would be safer than driving.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Fortunately they're the ones that happened years ago, that's why accidents like those are very rare now. Statistically its the safest form of travelling - if I could afford it, flying to and from work would be safer than driving.
But with flying you have no control over what happens -that's what makes me nervous. Atleast driving a car u are in total control plus it feels safer coz ur on the groUnd !

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
No, it wont put you off, its going to find out wheres the best place to sit to survive:001_unsure::001_unsure:
It would depend on how it crashed though. I hate flying, but the things I do that I've heard on other programmes is to count chairs (front and behind) to the nearest exits, wear sensible shoes and trousers, listen to the safety instructions and read the card every time even though I've flown nearly 100 times, keep a loose seat belt on for the entire flight in case of turberlance and remember that despite the many times I've flown nothing worth talking about has ever happened. I've never even had my luggage lost or damaged.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I found it fascinating! I live very near Kegworth and researched that place crash at Uni so I am still very much aware of it even though it happened when I was about3!!

I used to fly on average 3 times a year from the age of 15-21, I noticed as I got older I became more aware of the possibility of crashing and thus became less keen on flying. To be honest I only really fly because its the cheapest and quickest option of getting from A-B.

However, look at the plane crashes since the first plane was built..yes most of them are deadly but there are probably more car crashes daily than the entire history of plane crashes. Plus, each plane crash does help in making flying safer, they learn why it crashed and how to stop it from happening again.

It does look very scary, everything twisted and mangled and I certainly hope it will never happen to me, even if I did survive you would be left with the memories forever which I cant imagine are very pleasant.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found it fascinating! I live very near Kegworth and researched that place crash at Uni so I am still very much aware of it even though it happened when I was about3!!

I used to fly on average 3 times a year from the age of 15-21, I noticed as I got older I became more aware of the possibility of crashing and thus became less keen on flying. To be honest I only really fly because its the cheapest and quickest option of getting from A-B.

However, look at the plane crashes since the first plane was built..yes most of them are deadly but there are probably more car crashes daily than the entire history of plane crashes. Plus, each plane crash does help in making flying safer, they learn why it crashed and how to stop it from happening again.

It does look very scary, everything twisted and mangled and I certainly hope it will never happen to me, even if I did survive you would be left with the memories forever which I cant imagine are very pleasant.
I remember Kegworth very well, I was a bit older tho:eek::eek:

My OH actualy saw Dunblain and we live hundreds of miles away:eek:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
NO WAY!

I went on holiday this year, and burst into tears as soon as I sat down on the plane cuz I was so scared, so I don't think ill be watching a plane crash tonight!
I just no that whenever I fly again, ill have the image of the plane crashing going through my mind :lol:

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Well, I watched it today after recording it last night to avoid commercials - really fascinating to see the bits that make the plane turn etc, and that theories like sitting near the middle or closer to the rear is actually safer in a crash, and that sitting in a brace position is the best thing to do. Didn't put me off flying next month - can't anyway as cancelling a holiday at this stage is expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.