Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The nicest dog treat I have found yet!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by classixuk, Aug 19, 2009.

1. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Well, as you all know, Paddy gets everything from dried liver to Subway's 99p meatballs.

But tonight I discovered a new favourite of his...fancy a go for your dogs?

Ingredients
    Brandy
    A whole chicken
    Streaky bacon

Preparation

1. Turn the oven on to 220. degrees celcius
    2. Place a couple of rashers of streaky bacon into a frying pan (no oil or butter) and fry until crisp.
    3. Remove the pan from the heat, and place the bacon inside the chicken.
    4. Pour Brandy inside the still hot pan that you fried the bacon in (about 60ml of brandy) and watch it sizzle. Once done bubbling, stir the brandy into the bacon fat and pour all over the chicken (which you have placed on a roasting tin).
    5. Pop in the oven for 45 minutes.
    6. Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
    7. You and your other half should eat all of the chicken you can possibly manage, and then tear any remaining meat from the bones, as well as skin and place it in your dog's bowl. Follow by drizzling all of the juices remaining in the roasting tin (presuming you didn't make a gravy with it) over the new contents of your dog's bowl and watch with amusement! *Also works well poured over any left over kibble from earlier in the day.

Have fun!

P.S. Anyone have any good recipes for a liver cake?

:)

2. Michelle666

Michelle666 PetForums Senior

I got a good recipe for liver cake from my Training school

400g Lambs Liver
    1 Large egg
    1 Whole Bulb of Glarlic
    500g - 750g Organic Oats

Blend Liver, Garlic and Egg. Add Oats. Place everything in large deep baking tray, and bake for 15-20mins (or till firm and golden brown on top!)

Keeps for 2 weeks in Fridge, or can be frozen!

My Sadie loves this!

3. Savahl

Savahl Guest

Tuna (or sardine) Bread!

1 tin of tuna in oil (if you have brine, drain it and add some oil or water to the mix)
    80g plain flour
    1 egg
    sprinkle of garlic powder

Put the tuna, garlic powder and egg in a bowl, mix with a spoon. Then add the flour gradually until it all binds together (add less or more flour as you need).

Pour onto a microwaveable plate and put in the microwave for 4 minutes, turn onto a wire rack to cool and cut into small training sized cubes

Naturediet Nuggets (busters favourite!)

1 tub of naturediet (available most pet shops, its a natural complete wet food) ideally use something other than original or tripe as they stink when cooking.
    1 garlic clove
    1 egg
    100ml water
    160g flour (use a gluten free option for gluten intolerant)

Add naturediet, garlic, egg and water to processor, blitz and start to add flour until it becomes a thick cake mixture. Spread on a baking tray and cook at 180oC for about 20 mins. If your dog likes it quite moist then use once cool but I then cut into small squares and pop back in the oven at a reduced temp for about 15 mins so they become crunchy nuggets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice