Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The nerve of some cats! lol

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ForestWomble, Oct 7, 2013.

1. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I had some rubbish to put in the bin and when I turned round to come in there was the most handsome ginger moggy I have ever seen.
    He came running towards me meowing and when he reached me he was so affectionate! Rubbing himself against me and purring. :001_tt1:

After a while he run towards my front door and tried to get in! lol I picked him up and he just continued purring etc, he tried to get in again as I went to go in.

I've now got a ginger tom sitting in front of my front door meowing to come in and pawing at the door :crying:

He doesn't look like a stray, he is nice and clean and his eyes were bright and he felt like he was a good weight, plus the fact he was so affectionate....
    I don't want to encourage him but I am concerned about him, I've never seen him before and he seemed very keen to get inside.

I've been thinking about putting some water outside for him ....... what do you think I should do?

2. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

:) ...well...if you want a bit of feline Tom Jones...let him in ...;)

3. metame

metame PetForums VIP

did he come back today?

4. ForestWomble

Yes he has come back, I put out some water for him, he lapped that up readily enough. When I opened the door again he was in here before you can say Jack Robinson! I managed to get him outside again and at the moment he is lying by my front door again.

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

This is how next door gained another cat. :D he kept on coming back until next door managed to contact the owners and they let him go. He's either lost his way or maybe owners have just moved house. Have you any new neighbours?

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Might be worth taking him to the vets to check for a microchip. I lost Eric a while ago and he was gone for 6weeks. He is also a very friendly boy who would go up to anyone so Im just really glad someone bothered to check him for a chip and phone me up.:)
    And when I got him back he was fatter then when he left so he had clearly made himself at home somewhere!!

7. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Check lost and found pet websites for a missing cat, and put him on there as found (with a pic, which, of course, you will also show here.

Put a paper collar on him with the question where he belongs and your phone number. If you get no reaction and he is still wearing his collar after a few days, he didn't go home, so he will be lost or dumped.

Put up posters in the neighbourhood: found cat - with pic and your phine number

If no-one claims him, take him to the vet to check for a microchip.

If the owner can't be found, you will officially be the new slave of this ginger adonis.

8. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Or he could have moved out. One of our neighbours gained a cat from another house a couple of streets away, because the family had a new baby and the cat wasn't having any of it. Pat kept taking him back, and he kept turning up at hers, and in the end his people told her to keep him if she wanted him. So she did.

Perhaps something similar's happened with him, and he refuses to share the house with new baby/dog/cat/bf/gf - whatever.

9. ForestWomble

I believe someone has just moved in near by, but I can't be 100% positive.

I was thinking about that as he has no collar.
    I've been looking on lost pet sites but have found nothing that sounds like this boy so I'm hoping he lives nearby and his only problem is he is lonely during the day so hunts out some company.

How could I transport him? The only animal carrier I have is for gerbils, far too small for a cat! :lol:

If I can I will take a photo of him and see if I can work out how to get the picture on here, see if anyone thinks they know him, I will also phone the vet about getting an appointment to see if he is chipped.

10. Jiskefet

Not all cats wear collars, as they can be dangerous.
    My cats don't wear one any more, since Tosca injured herself after getting it caught somewhere and stretching it so much she got her paw caught in it.

11. ForestWomble

I posted at the same time as you two, so only just read these replies, thank you Jiskefet for your suggestions, I think the paper collar idea is fantastic and will defiantly do that as I won't rest til I know he has a home or ends up with me! This is going to sound really dumb but how do I go about making a paper collar and getting it on him, I don't want to scare him away from me if he has no home plus I don't want to risk hurting him, though thinking about it I guess paper is unlikely to get tangled in anything and not break....

True lostbear, he may be unhappy with current home arrangements, what it is to be a cat and come and go as you please.

Oh yes I understand that fully, I don't like seeing collars on cats due to the dangers, when I saw this one I checked he had no collar, then thought about microchip. I'll try the paper collar first then if no success check for microchip.

12. metame

metame PetForums VIP

good luck with it all

13. Jiskefet

Print this on thick paper and cut it out.....

Attached Files:

cheekyscrip likes this.
  14. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

good luck tom cat!

15. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

That is a brilliant idea.:D

Have you asked your neighbours, Animallover? He probably hasn't come from far away.

16. ForestWomble

I only know two neighbours and neither of them have seen him before and can't think of any cats matching my description round here, I think the best thing I can do is get a photo of him and ask, plus do the paper collar thing.

17. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

Yes, I think the collar is a brilliant one to try, because his owner will have to notice that. If you posted pics & notes on lamp posts etc they could easily miss those.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice