UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm usually lurking in the Dogs Forums having had to put my horse on loan for financial reasons, but wanted to share the most stupid thing I've ever seen.

I was driving my dog to training last night along a narrow country lane. The lane is just wide enough for two cars to pass, but if it's a van or tractor you're in trouble. So when I saw headlights coming the other way I slowed slightly to check there would be room to pass. Luckily the car coming the other way also slowed.

It was at that time when I noticed two ponies being ridden at the side of the road coming towards me - I was almost upon them when I saw them, and I only saw them because they were lit up by the lights of the car that had had to stop pretty quickly behind them.

It seemed to be two teenage girls on them - and they were riding bareback with no flourescent or reflective clothing between them. If I hadn't been coming down the road making the other car slow he might have not seen them until too late! I have no idea where they were going - I know the road pretty well, and it's all arable land so it wasn't just a quick move between fields.

When I was riding my car was full of reflective clothing but I had nothing to offer them last night.

Sheer stupidity!

·
Registered
31,193 Posts
I would have been very tempted to have a word or 2 with them. If they had no thought for their own safety they should at least think of the safty of their ponies and other road users.:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.