Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The major problem of having more than one dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by newfiesmum, Apr 22, 2011.

1. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

.........is that when one is violently sick in the night, you don't know which one!

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Oh dear hope it isnt anything nasty!

The mystery of the pukey dog, good luck :)

3. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Not when they sleep in the bedroom, you usually wake up and see them in the act ... thankfully it's a rare occurrence :)

4. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Unfortunately mine don't do stairs! It is worrying though, not a problem I had in the bungalow as you say, could always hear them. I shall just be keeping a careful eye on both of them today.

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Oh no, hope the boys are okay today :(

Ha ha I know that feeling, waking up blurry eyed. Thinking I hope that noise isnt what I think it is.

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

And then there is THAT noise ... heard only once (thankfully) in the middle of the night, after my mum had given the dogs liver and gravy as a "treat" :eek:

#6 Amethyst, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  7. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Oh my :eek: :eek: :eek: :smile:

8. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Oh yes :eek:

Thankfully we had not long moved into house and the bedroom carpet needed replacing anyway ...

9. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Hope the boys are both alright today. x

10. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Well, they both seem all right but I have never seen anything quite like it. I won't go into specifics as it would put you off your Easter Eggs. I suspect it may be Ferdie as he is the one who sleeps on the sofa (I think) which is where it started, but again I cannot be sure. They tend to move about a lot in the night, swap places whatever. Ferdie is also a major thief and could have eaten anything when I wasn't looking. I shall just have to keep a careful eye on them. Thanks for your concern.

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I can only imagine the scene :eek:

Hopefully it was a one - off if Ferdie had stolen something disgusting (and I can relate to a dog that does that :rolleyes:) and they both seem OK now.

I swear I worry about my dog much more than I do myself!

12. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Hope whoever it is they are OK now. Mine have done it here and there for no apparent reason, and been fine after in the past, so hoping thats all it is for yours too.

13. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

I know what you mean.. Mine sleep upstairs most of the time.. But I remember one night coming home to find my kitchen full of diarhea.. :eek: I didn't know who it was so treated them all the same.. there was that much it could of been all three.. :)

14. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

oh yuck, i keep my two crated separately at night, so i would know which was which!

But one night a couple of months ago Rolo kept whimpering on and off, so i thought maybe he needed a wee (not emptied fully before bed and so wasnt sure with him being young etc), so went down, he looked bemused so i let him out and put him back, a little later the same again, but this time when i went down i thought i could smell something, and it wasnt him but Ruby who had a diarrheau in her crate, she was quiet, but he was obviously whimpering to let us know!

15. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I have found that they look after each other. Ferdie has never once woken me up in the night but sometimes Joshua will bark a lot at the bottom of the stairs and I come down to find it is Ferdie who is being sick. Last night though there wasn't a peep. They seem fine, both blotto. I can't take them out as it is too warm but they don't seem to care a lot:001_smile:

16. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

What is the sick like Newfiesmum? Rupert has started doing this. Was giving him a handful of kibble at bedtime and seemed to cure it, but then he did it again a couple times the other week.

His sick is quite foamy and mostly liquid at about 5am (after eating kibble at about 11pm). Ours don't sleep together so luckily we know who does what, we have no stairs due to bungalow which is convenient.

17. momentofmadness

Your sick is the gasses building up in the body.. from the tummy having nothing to do..

If Maizie has a long wait between meals she is sick as you describe.. I just make sure Maizie's meal times aren't to far apart.. :)

18. GoldenShadow

He gets fed at 8am, 5-6pm and between 11pm-12.30am and is still sick at 5am :(

Literally three meals a day and he is still doing it :rolleyes:

I thought kibble was meant to take 24 hours to digest but he gets kibble in the morning, kibble and wet at dinner and kibble before bed.

19. momentofmadness

If I feed Maizie late in the morn or at tea.. she is sick.. I asked the vet and he said just dont let her go long periods without food..

20. GoldenShadow

Yeah I did a thread about it and asked my vet all said feed him before bed but he's still managing to do it. Will be trying him on raw at some point hoping to see a change with that, even with the additional meal he is still sicking up somehow :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice