The loss of a dear friend

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by squirrel605, Jan 12, 2017.

1. squirrel605

squirrel605 PetForums Member

The dear girl named Sox left this world today for a better world. She was 12 and was happy and sweet and protective of her people. Last January she developed anemia related to her autoimmune problems. She fought a tough battle and numerous appointments. I noticed she was getting weaker the last few days. Today I fed her a bit, left for work, texted my vet about her situation. I was going to take her to the vet to put her to sleep, but when I arrived at this afternoon, she had died in her sleep on her bed covered with a blanket. My son and I put her in my car. The vet will cremate her, and give me her ashes along with a paw print.

Very sad day. At least is not suffering.

2. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

Awww, these made me cry. x Poor Sox just went to bed, nice and warm under her blanket and didn't wake up. xx RIP.

3. squirrel605

Thank you. At least she was peaceful, and not in any pain

Jackie C likes this.
  4. Honeys mum

Honeys mum PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss. Bless her she made that difficult decission for you.

Have fun at the bridge Sox, knowing you were truly loved.x

5. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I'm so sorry. At least she died in the place she felt happiest and loved bless her.

squirrel605 likes this.
  6. squirrel605

Thanks guys. She was really suffering, and now she is free. She was almost 13 which is good for her size. She was a medium sized doggie. She is shown in that lovely picture

7. Char8607

Char8607 Mum to Storm (b. 2010) and Luna (b.2017)

So sorry for your loss @squirrel605 . Rest in Peace little Sox knowing you were loved and cherished; have fun over the Rainbow Bridge x

squirrel605 likes this.
  8. sue m

sue m lucy

So sorry for your loss. I am sure Sox knew how much she was loved by you and will be forever. My little Lucy passed away in recovery after a minor procedure late last year and I think she saved us from a difficult decision as they managed to bring her around but we couldn't get to her in time. Wrapped up warm in bed, bless Sox. x

9. squirrel605

Aw. It's hard when they leave us. I am slowly getting there. She was a dear girl, and very protective of her humans.