Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The little prince

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Jul 4, 2009.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I realized, I never posted pictures of the toy poodle I had that now lives with my cousin.

I took him on for a favor of a friend who's nan just coulden't cope with his hyperness and restlessness. He came to me with the name Dougal which for me was a nono, he didn't respond to his name anyway so I changed it to Pep'e.

Things were great but I noticed he started to boss barney about and really thought nothing of it, just that he was trying to show barney he was the top dog. One day i came home to blood on the floor and Barney cowering and a very red faced poodle, I pulled barney out and saw his face was coverd in open wounds. That was that, I knew he was not happy with barney and seeing as I had barney first, I felt he could not stay.

The funniest thing happened, my cousin had been with me for 2 weeks and she and pep'e loved each other and were glued for the whole time my cousin was here. It had only been a day since she had left and she phoned me to say would I please let her have him, she said,"I know you don't want to part from him but I have come home to an empty house and I really don't want to imagine my life without him, please?! I promise you could come see him or whatever, please please pleasseee". I eventually managed to get a word in edgewise and explained what had happened and as you can guess he is now living spoilt by my cousin.

Sadly, my cloud puppy has been made to look like a poodle (no offense to any poodle owners) and she renamed him to Prince, I said it suits him because he acts like one :rolleyes:

Here's some photo's;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was taken the day he came to live with me, he had a few mats and weepy eyes, one good thing though he was nueterd :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was about 1-2 weeks before he left, I had him about 3 months.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is him now, well these photo's were taken a while back but he looks the same :001_tt2:

I tease my cousin all the time and tell her she's stolen my cloud and chnaged him to a poodle :rolleyes:;)

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

He's adorable I prefer them unshaven they look more like dogs and you don't get stupid comments.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Awwh what a little cutie :)
    So glad your cousin had him.

x

4. SpringerHusky

Same here, I actually disliked poodles till I got him, i'd love another but keep to the same look we had with peps, it looks nice :D

Yeah, he was and yes, it's very nice :D

5. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Awww he looks so much better clipped :D I don't really like poodles that haven't been clipped. I think they look loads better when their face has been shaved. I'm slowly trying to change Cheeko from a lamp clip into a working clip. Waiting to see how long it is until mum notices :D I love his collar aswell.

6. SpringerHusky

Aww cheeko is cute, and when I worked in dog grooming, the owner had a standerd that she showed..it's hard to even think about without making my skin crawl :lol: sadly I love poodles but i'm not a fan of the clips, I do like the puppy ones. I'm more for fluffy with anything so might be why I love the fluffyier looking poodles :D

7. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

I love poodle pics as Pip is a poodle x....dumped in a dog wardens and rescued by us.

They are lovely dogs, but yes, they do look better with a clipped face, defo. Horrid when you see them with matts and bad eyes.

8. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

oh my goodness a darling!!!!

Why on earth did you give him to your cousin if you don't mind me asking.

He's quite cute :)

Oh ps we don't give mika that poodle ct. He's clipped and everything but he's got a nice cut and a little bit fluffy too but we don't want to cut his hair into that silly poodle cut. He's perfect the way he is :)

#8 ad_1980, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  9. SpringerHusky

As I stated, he had attacked barney so I had decided he had to go and I was going to call the shelter in the morning but by coincidence my cousin phoned begging me for him and she had no idea that I was giving him up ;)

How could I say no to giving him to my cousin? he's spoilt very rotten :001_tt2:

10. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

awww! Well at least he's in the family and you can see him whenever you want :) Thankfully we've had no probs with Dante and Mika - Dante was a bit snarly when Mika came into the picture but now they're almost the best of friends. I say almost because sometimes Mika does irritate Dante a bit lol!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice