Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Jitters

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Kye, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Kye

Kye PetForums Junior

Hiya

I was wondering if anyone might have some idea what is wrong with my dog, Zaila!

Both our dogs sleep on the landing quite happily every night. Last night at around half 4, Zaila started whimpering, then howling at our bedroom door. I let them both outside but she came running back in and got into our bed. Put back in her bed... This continued throughout the night until 7, when I went to work and left the dogs with the man (in bed I'm sure...)
    She's been fine all day (they were on their own from 2 - 6 but as far as I know, all was well).

We've been for a walk and she charged at a dog then ran away in a panic. Then had a mad half hour playing with sis and all was well.

Got back, she won't eat and is shaking ten to the dozen. She won't stop whimpering, following me round and trying to nussell her face out of sight.

I don't want to jump the gun and take her to the vet if she's just being daft, however she did finish her season about 2 weeks ago - could it be something to do with that?

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Hi,it sounds to me like something may have spooked her last night and made her feel unsettled.Did you have thunder?(theres been alot around this last day or two) or any other noise that may have scared your dog.I may be wrong though :)

3. Kye

Kye PetForums Junior

hmm not that I know of. The other one is fine too - seems really odd and totally out of character ... :(

4. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

My older Mal boy gets like that sometimes and goes upstairs during the night all in a panic and sits in the bathroom. I know he's scared of the MOD's guns when they go off during the day but sometimes he gets spooked at night too. I can only assume a fox or similar has freaked him as they make such wierd noises. He will only settle if he's right by your side and will be uneasy for a good few hours.

You could try a few drops of Bach's Rescue Remedy on her tongue for a few days to see it that calms her but it takes a good few days to kick in.
    I give it to my Mally girl in late October in preparation for firework night and I think it helps. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice