Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The humanisation of dogs.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by emilylp, Aug 4, 2009.

1. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

Are some people taking owning a dog to far? Eating at the table,Putting on clothes ect ect

yes they are a domesticated animal however i think some people take it to far and treat them like humans, love them play with them ect ect but i think there still has to be treat like an animal tbh, they have there own coats and they shouldnt be eating at the table, all in all they are still an animal.

just a genearal post ;)

Nina likes this.
  2. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Do people have their dogs eating from the table?!?! :eek: Crikey I'm so niaive, either that or people probably know better than to say they do something like that to me for fear of a 'look'

Dogs is dogs. For dogs sake, treat em like dogs!

3. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Good point. . . . . . . .

I adore my 2 and are better looked after than a lot of children, as in meeting their needs as they are family members they are treat like that, but they are dogs and for a dog to be truely happy they need to be treat as that.

Dont know if you ever watched its me or my dog the dogs with worst aggression problems were those that were treat the wrong way treat as a baby, dressed up and basically had no boundaries.

4. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

Yeh , i dont own a dog yet but knwo dogs thrive off there insticts are fulfilled and praised, no boundaries and having them as a ''baby'' doesnt satisfy them as a dog but as some animal that knows no right from wrong, a trained dog that is treat well played with and cuddled but has boundaries and its natural instincts such as being outside getting abit muddy having a bit of rough fun is what i think makes a dog happyest BEING A DOG :)

5. davehyde

davehyde Banned

very true emily, people sometimes give dogs human emotions too. it's called anthromorphism.

here is a link to the wiki explanation.
    we all do it tho, i do it the wife does it. we swear blind the dog is thinking all sorts of human stuff lol.

Anthropomorphism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just re read it through and it's a bit complicated lol.

6. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

haha i think everyone does it a bit , i find my self talking to the cat when she jumps on me im like ''you ok baby'' as if she understands ahah

theres humasing but then theres over the top humanising , such as chiuahuas in handbags with jackets on ,its like wtf , they have legs...lol

7. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Oh lord i know what you mean. At shows sometimes, cradling their dogs, saying' i don't want her on the floor, its bit muddy today, or the grass is too wet i dont want her to catch a chill. :rolleyes:

Some even tut when i say my dogs live in kennels and are out during every weather. They say, i could never not have my bubby in her basket in the corner or next to me asleep.

Yes i understand that a love of a dog is great and one which i share. But they are dogs and happiest when soaking wet and panting heavily, when they are in their own personal space etc.

The worst I have seen is a woman with her two chihuahua's in like a doggy buggy. It was scary. She said that they didn't like walking :confused:

8. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

This kind of stuff irritates me endless, im pretty good at not doing it but youll see two dogs playing and next thing theres a load of chatter about play nice dont be too rough etc etc - if ya dont want them doing it then you just bring them away!
    The same with clothes - propper irritates me .. sticking sunglasss on them, having them parade round in boutique little outfits that just really want me to take a spanner out and wack the loonatic owner. You see people on here - vote for my cutiest pet pup and they are dressed up like little red riding hood, just make me think - you need a hobby mate lol :D

9. Patterdale_lover

Haha know exactly what you mean!
    Also forgot to add, with our gundogs, people say "I am sure they would much rather be cuddled up on the couch" LOL

10. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

hahha this is what im talking about! ;)

dont let my dog walk around on the floor , he isnt a dog or anything :eek:ut: haah

11. Patterdale_lover

We have a show this weekend and the weekend after next so will let everyone know of any more ditzy owners :D

12. Patterdale_lover

Also people that when their dog is harrassing yours say "Stop it, you naughty devil, be nice. You wouldn't like it if he did it to you. C'mon your showing mummy up"
    It's like he doesn't understand a word your saying! Teach him the command for "away" for crikeys sake!!!! :eek:

13. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

14. davehyde

davehyde Banned

there is hardly a day goes by when my dog isnt in a stream a puddle a mudhole or anything else wet and dirty he can dive into.

he is almost constantly dirty, i dry him off brush him out and unless i was to bath him about 3 times a day he would never be clean and spotless.

he loves it he's a dog.

due a bath tomorrow tho smelly little oik.

15. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

HAHAHAHHAH yeh i bet the dogs realy thinking ,n'awwww mummys getting upset that im embarrassing her , best leave it , LOL

16. Patterdale_lover

Same with mine! LOL, its good for 'em and they love it, and if they love it i love it! Bess has an extra special habit for seeking out fox poo and giving a good roll in it. I'm washing her on friday, ain't sleeping at the show in a caravan with her stinking the place out! :p

Exactly some people are bloomin nuts! I just usually say "I have to go," then command Bess "away" and she comes with me.

17. davehyde

davehyde Banned

lol emily, ya just fell into the trap we all do lol.

18. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

ahaha :p id be embarressed if my dog was wearing clothes...

19. Patterdale_lover

I can second that

20. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

i did see a youtube thing of a dog in shoes - I think it was to protect its feet but it was histerical

ill try and find it

:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice