Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The heat and howling

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by peppapug, Jul 1, 2009.

1. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Ok, my pup is my girl pugs son. He has never ever cried at night and is crated at night, his mum is not.

At 5 months old, he hasnt yet managed teh dog flap (not the brightest!!!) and mum uses it constantly. I havent encouraged it too much as he is a barker at the moment so dont want him going out unsupervised to annoy the neighbours.

Well last night mum decided she wanted to sleep outside as it was hot so off she went out the dog flap. Son in crate screamed the place down!

So, i decided it woudl be a good idea to let him out his crate and onto the ceramic floor tiles as it was so hot and he was getting himself into a pickle. Mum came back in and i shut her in so he didnt howl about that.

Well both dogs in the kitchen and he is still howling........

I went down to sort him several times and there was no problem other than he was hot and bothered (werent we all!). He had cold tiles, cold water and plenty of beds to choose.

As he is now fully toilet trained i may leave his crate door open at night now but how do i deal with the howling. Could it be just because he is hot?

how do i deal with a dog who is hating the heat?

So tired :Yawn:

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

What about getting him a fan? That might cool him off a bit?

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice