UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the owner of the samoyed i walk was walking her yesterday with her right by her side, then all of a sudden this cyclist came zooming at them went straight into the side of the dog and toppled off into the bushes! he apologized as he was going way to fast and was worried he had hurt the dog. far enough she wasnt hurt and he did apologies but if that had been something small like a chi or a jrt i dread to think what would of been the outcome.

ive lost count of how many cyclists speed across parks and tut at dog walks because we dont move out of their way.

he should be glad it wasnt me that was walking her because i would of gone mental!

·
Registered
779 Posts
im sorry but i do dispise cyclists in parks there so rude!! i frequently walk threw a park not far from me and have a cyclist up my bkside expecting me and my kids and alfie to get off the path so they can pass :mad: (i get even more mad when they expect us to get off the path and walk on the car park !! ) i point blank refuse now and i dont care how mad they get!

im glad that your friends dog is ok :)

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sorry but i do dispise cyclists in parks there so rude!! i frequently walk threw a park not far from me and have a cyclist up my bkside expecting me and my kids and alfie to get off the path so they can pass :mad: (i get even more mad when they expect us to get off the path and walk on the car park !! ) i point blank refuse now and i dont care how mad they get!

im glad that your friends dog is ok :)
i dont mind if i move and they say thank you, but when they tut or dont say thank you i shout THANK YOU!! at them ha

i said to one of them, you do realise you dont own the path? ha

·
Super Moderator
29,632 Posts
Don't get me started on cyclists.

What an ignorant lot of *******

They seem to think they hold some moral high ground the T***ers
Has anyone else noticed that quite a lot of them seem indecisive about which bits of the Highway Code apply to them, in particular the cycling on pavements & cycling through red traffic lights bits? :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
11,995 Posts
Confession time. :eek:

I use a bike for work, and certainly for 1 particular client, the local park is the quickest way to get to her, but I do try to remember my manners, saying Excuse me Please, or even Watch out. I never, ever expect them to move off the path entirely though.

I also try my best to remember to thank people who do move to one side to allow me room to get past, but sometimes I must confess, I'm in my own little world and whilst aware of my surroundings, my manners do sometimes desert me and by the time I think "Oh s**t, I didn't thank them" it's way too late. :eek: I don't think I'm very fast on the bike anyway.

On the flip side of the coin, I do understand where you're coming from as a dog walker, because the number of cyclists who whizz past and don't remember their manners is appalling. :mad: If anything they're probably the ones that help me remember my own manners when I'm on my bike.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
URGH cyclists bug me.. They fly down the 'foot'path full pelt and then look at you with evil eyes when the dog jumps out because he's just got scared by a zooming thing on the 'foot'path. They also bug me on roads.. Wobbling from the side of the road to the middle.. You try and judge when you can overtake, and then they wobble further out into the road.. grrr.

Fair enough they want to enjoy their bike.. but ggrrrr they get on my nerves.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know what you mean, I quite often shout after them "thank you" when they zoom past us. One rode over Conans foot when he was tiny and to be fair he apologised straight away, it may have had something to do with the fact that Conan screamed so loud!

But we did get our own back a few weeks ago, one snook up on us, startled Conan, who barked, and th cyclist fell off his bike. I know it's horrible but I had to try so hard not to laugh when i asked if he was ok. But they saw the funny side of it.

·
Banned
19,241 Posts
i dont mind if i move and they say thank you, but when they tut or dont say thank you i shout THANK YOU!! at them ha

i said to one of them, you do realise you dont own the path? ha
I have that problem with joggers. You don't get cyclists on Royston Heath, but it is a joggers paradise and I always bring the dogs to the side when I see them coming. The ones that don't bother to thank me, I make a note of and tell them loudly: We shan't stop for you again!

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
I Live in Cambridge don't even get me started :mad: :rolleyes:

I did give a runner hell once because she nearly took out my 2 year old on the tow path :mad: Ignorant cow missed taking her clean out by millimetres and if my babba had moved an inch to the side she would have totally knocked her flying.

This is a family site so i wont repeat what i said.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Our local park is not too bad, its the walk there that's the problem. A few times now Lucky has been almost hit by a cyclist. I haven't even seen them coming they are so fast.

She has always been a little weary of bikes and I do try and walk her past my OH's bike in the garden but things like this just puts us back to square 1 :mad:

I dread to think what would happen if she was hit. It would probably kill her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.