Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The government done good

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Jan 16, 2020.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

2. rona

3. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Billbailey

Billbailey PetForums Member

My litmus test for this government will be the Domestic Abuse Bill. If they pass that, then I will hold my hands up and say they've done good. If it never appears again I shall be completely unsurprised.

rona likes this.
  5. rona

6. rona

EU law on chlorinated Chicken and growth hormones will automatically pass into our own law

ForestWomble, MilleD and kimthecat like this.
  7. rona

ForestWomble and Lurcherlad like this.
  8. Billbailey

Yeah..... I'm a lot more cynical about it. This is just what they've announced they want to do. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. And we need to wait for trade deals to be finalised before we can know that any of this bill will make it. And it doesn't say where any of the money for all these new things is coming from. Actions speak louder than words and I'm yet to see that we can believe a word that comes out of Boris's mouth.

MollySmith likes this.
  9. rona

They do, I'm happy to give him a go.

We all know that what came out of Corbyns mouth were fantasies, so we must just have hope :)

Calvine and Lurcherlad like this.
  10. Billbailey

I didn't really believe in Corbyn either. It's not a 2-dog fight.

rona and MollySmith like this.
  11. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Quite. All the local news I’ve read in what is arguably a huge farming area of the UK, there is the same level of scepticism since it’s merely a bill . It’s a start but it’s a tiny step in a government who can hardly be elected for their green credentials. There’s doubts over monitoring. They have a long long way to go to look good.

12. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Let’s hope they follow through and make some credible changes that create tangible improvements in lots of areas.

:SingingAlways look on the bright side of life ....:Singing

It’s depressing to constantly be harping on about the potential negatives before they actually happen. I’m going to hope for the best going forward until I see a reason to doubt ...... ;)

Calvine, MilleD and Magyarmum like this.
  13. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Hmm, guess they're not going for a quick trade deal with the US after all, then (which really IS good news :) ).

Still don't trust them as far as I could throw BoJo, though, so I'll only belive it when it actually does become law...

KittenKong likes this.
  14. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

It is too depressing. It’s, for me, for many reasons to do with my business, research and teaching, it’s a horribly sh*t state of affairs and I long for good news. But unlike many on here, nope I didn’t vote for Brexit. You all know that, I have never hidden that but plans like those shown here do not alleviate genuine worries. I do not trust this government, I can’t say I trust anyone much in Westminster whatever party. Anyway I walk away... I made a conscious decision to stop wittering on a pet forum about politics and get out and be active as it’s far more cheerful. We have to find something bright somewhere and it’s not here for me.

15. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

FWIW I don’t trust politicians either but I’m not going to worry about life’s “what if’s” to the detriment of my “now”.

Having my OH recently diagnosed with cancer, survive a massive op and facing chemo I’m trying to concentrate on the positive things in my life.

I’m sure getting out and being active will be good for all of us ;)

I wish you well :)

Calvine, Boxer123, MollySmith and 2 others like this.
  16. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I'll never believe what he says until he actually does it, all the talk in the world will never get me on his side.

KittenKong likes this.
  17. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

18. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

I am so sorry to hear that, news like that really does refocus. My best friend is also battling cancer and it’s taking a strain on her partner, so look after you. I agree, a bit of re-set I feel. I’ve spent far to long on threads like this and priorities change. Doubtless I’ll be on others. And massive hugs to you both.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  19. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry you and OH are having such a rough time, thinking of you and fingers crossed all goes well.

rona and Lurcherlad like this.
  20. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Thank you both.

He’s recovering well from the op and we’re all adjusting to the “challenge”.

Really hopeful that he doesn’t suffer too greatly through the chemo and that it sets him up for a long and healthy future :)

Petforums serves as a bit of “light relief” - definitely not to give me any agg ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice