Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Furlock Holmes mysteries (see what I did there lol)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sailor, Apr 14, 2011.

1. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

ok... I changed sherlock, to sound more pet themed, hence furlock lol

Now I don`t know about you lot, but from time to time, when I am out on walks, I will come across something that baffles me and I just can`t work it out.......

So I thought I would start a furlock Holmes Mystery thread.... for all those un answered questions.
    simply put up a case number and a title for your mystery and hopefully some one who is good with clues, can respond, using your case number and title, to give you a possible explanation :D

Ok, this is my mystery that has had me baffled for a awhile now :blink:

CASE 001 "The Odd Shoe"

Why do I keep coming across single shoes/trainers etc out on my walks :blink:
    Just yesterday there was a large sized (prehaps size 11??) red trainer boot, jusy lay on the path... it wasn`t old or worn, tatty or scruffy etc... infact it looked in good condition, maybe only a few months old new frm shop.
    Yet there it lay, on its own, with no one shoed owner hopping back to retreive it :confused:

Now I wouldn`t be as puzzeled as I am , but I am forever seeing these odd shoes/trainers literally everywhere ... at least once a week, maybe fortnight, I walk past an odd shoe, just lay there.... as if it just fell off someones foot as they were walking and din`t notice :blink:

PLEASE if you think you can solve this mystery, let me know !!! lol :eek::D

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

ohhhhh yeah I left my shoe there to put my foot in my mouth :D

3. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

I think they fall out of sloppy school childrens bags as they stagger home, tired after school. Case solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Case 002 "The American Tan Tights"

A couple of weeks ago walking through fields, miles from roads or houses, I came across a pair of tights of the american tan variety, casually drapped across a hedge! Why were they there????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! (Unless some peeps were having fun in the fields and left them behind :eek:

Who can solve this one?

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Guilty! I decided to go out and buy some fake Tan Spray, I cut along the fields as it was quicker to get to Asda's, so on my way back I found what I thought to be a secluded spot to try out my Tan Spray, not wanting it to get any of it on any part of my bathroom I thought I would do it outdoors on the way home. Off came the tights and clothes which I laid out on the small hedge incase the tan didnt take, I sprayed all over my legs and body and stood there for about 5 mins, where in the distance I saw two bulls approaching in my direction, they must of clocked my red top on the hedge :eek: so with out taking a second more than I wanted to I grabbed my clothes and put them on whilst running away from them, it wasnt until I got the the end of the field that I realised I had left my American Tan tights on the hedge, so not wanting to go back and tempt the bull to charge at me ...I left them there. I think I did quite well to get out of that TIGHT spot.:D

5. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

:lol: this is something which has always puzzled me as well, they are everywhere!

6. DaisytheTT

You are guilty as charged Welshcrazy! Expect your summons to PF Crown Court very soon ;)

7. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Not sure if this is a related case - out walking at the weekend, in the middle of open country side, I pick up 1 clean pop sock :confused5:

8. HelloKittyHannah

HelloKittyHannah PetForums VIP

Case 003 - In my area, very few people seem to think they need to pick up after their dogs, or maybe it's the fact that most of them seem to have rancid diarrhoea that prevents them from scooping the doodie :confused: (Mystery 1 - why do so many dogs have the runs around here?!)
    Anyway, the REAL mystery is, that lately there seem to be dog poops left halfway up peoples garden walls :eek: Is this a very large dog squatting halfway up the wall? Is it a dog sitting on the wall to crap off the side???
    AND, it seems to have a love for sweetcorn, there's always bits of sweetcorn in it :confused:
    Maybe it's actually a human doing it!

Anyway, help needed to solve this mystery!

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DT got her black hanky at the ready, going to get alibi's now. ;)

10. xxwelshcrazyxx

Its the owners who aint got poop bags, they just kick it out the way and it lands up the walls. ewww..:eek:

11. DaisytheTT

Pah don't believe anything DT says, she promised me sunshine ;) :D

12. DaisytheTT

Oh no the tights are breeding, all over the countryside :eek:

13. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I would like to help on case 002 and the following related case....

PLEASE DO NOT handle discarded tights and pop socks out in the wilderness :eek:

Years back as a child, my friend desperate for a pee... went behind a tree... and returned with just one sock on her foot :blink:

14. DaisytheTT

Oh no. I am never going to look at discarded tights and socks in the same light again :yikes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice