UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Would he like lists of things to read or watch on the internet, from us? He could watch a gentle comedy, from Canada, about a little isolated town and all the petrol station's owner's family and friends. Called CORNER GAS.

Google B-17 Flying Fortress Made It Home by Allen Ostrum. All his mates will love it, too, especially the photos.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Good luck to him Bordie :)

Hope it all goes really quickly for him and he'll be home before you know it :)

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Would he like lists of things to read or watch on the internet, from us? He could watch a gentle comedy, from Canada, about a little isolated town and all the petrol station's owner's family and friends. Called CORNER GAS.

Google B-17 Flying Fortress Made It Home by Allen Ostrum. All his mates will love it, too, especially the photos.
Lovely thought but think of the Internet 20 years ago and that's the connectivity in the Falklands. It costs about £130 per month for something like half the speed of normal dial up. :eek:

I used to work for the company that run the comms out there and it's not been invested in for years.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
will miss him at xmas.but we can have one when he comes home:D
I bet! :( But you'll have a great time when he does come home.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
offering a prayer that he and his comrades keep safe bordie.
infact i'll extend that to all our brave men wherever they be serving.

remember me to him bordie.
x
will do.will post more pics later.he is ok.i dont have to worry to much not like when he was in iraque

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
It looks very remote out there, hope the 6 months goes by quickly for him and that you'll all soon be back together celebrating the Xmas you missed.

It's thanks to people like your son that mean we can sleep peacefully in our beds at night. My utter respect to him and to others who serve our country x

Reactions: bordie
G

·
You could print out articles, if I send you details, and post them. Maybe check out recommended dvds, check em out, and if you think he'd like them, post em. I've only had the internet less than a year. Have no idea of what it was like. If he likes the linked plane, he'll love the Allen Ostrom article, too. Is he army/air force/navy? Have most info on AF.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Always a Christmas when they come home, whether they have been away for it or not !! The reaction off our girls used to be funny, one couldn't leave him alone the other wouldn't look at him for a fortnight and she was the daddies girl x

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
good luck to him Bordie. My sons best buddy was out there last year so he was away over christmas too. Internet & phone access isn't much cop out there & really expensive isn't it - Eblueys!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.