Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The English are 'celebrity obssessed & addicted to junk food'

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by simplysardonic, Mar 27, 2011.

1. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

2. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

. . . like the rest of the Western world lol :rolleyes:

I admit I like my Closer magasine and lurve my junk food, but Im Scottish so I guess I dont count :p

3. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

I find that a rather sweeping generalization... :rolleyes:

As a student, I should be top of the list of people who eat ready meals, drink themselves legless and obsess over celebs but I am none of those things, and I know many other people who aren't either.

I think it's somewhat nasty to assume we're all like that...I don't think even anyone in my family regularly eats a ready meal, each household has an avid chef in the making to experiment with new and exciting meals (seems to be a thing in our family, the hubby must always have a talent for cooking!). Yes we're all addicted to tea but I'm 5'2" and 7.5st, I think I can get away with 3 sugars... :D

As for the celebrity thing, I reject 'celebrities' as anyone worth looking at unless they've done something of benefit to someone else, or are famous for being truly talented. Couldn't give a sh*t what Jordan's up to these days...

4. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, I note that the 'English' are specified and not the 'British', I'm 'Welsh' lol. wayne.

5. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Obviously the author visited a good sample of the UK :rolleyes: although I don't think it is as bad as it states.

Sure cultural awareness, morals and pride in Nationality is at an all time low however looking at the last 20 years of government its hardly suprising that us Brits have lost our identity.

I cannot help but think they visited Plymouth as in some villages, towns even cities in our Country people work tirelessly to promote our culture and heritage. Sure the sale of celeb mags such as OK, heat etc arte probably far more popular than Knitting today or Countrylife and yeah the sale of donuts, maltesers and crisps far outweigh the sale of lettuce, pasta and apples!!

The problem is if you take any section of society it will dramatically differ between another part. For example this guy mentions Dover, Notting Hill and Carnaby Street he's not travelled far has he? I mean if you visit the 'main areas' of any country you will see an element of crime, industrailisation, tourist attractions its not representative of the whole nation although sadly I agree the UK is losings it's identity.

It may affect tourism...but I doubt it will reduce immigrantion hey :rolleyes:

6. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the thing about the tea is about the only thing I could relate to in the article, I HAVE to have my cup of tea in the morning in order to function, but I have half a teaspoon of honey in it, not sugar. None of my friends are celeb obsessed & nor am I, I don't know these people so therefore they just aren't on my radar:D

7. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Thats tarring everyone with the same brush! thats like saying all americans are idiots, I enjoy some junk food (but not much of it) & as for celebs aim a celeb get me out of here & dancing on ice is as much as I bother with on that score

8. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I don't buy ready meals or wash my food down with a cuppa.The only food programe i watch is Hells Kitchen.As for rushing out to buy the recipe books,wrong again.Also i don't give a hoot about celebs and what they are up to.I will agree with this bit though,"Dover is described as ‘down-in-the-dumps’ and a ‘sad introduction to Blighty".Having said that,i think that applies to most of the uk now.:D

9. HelloKittyHannah

HelloKittyHannah PetForums VIP

Couldn't give a stuff about celebrities but someone pass the chocolates please... :eek:

10. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Its a generalisation wouldn't agree or disagree with it really. People are all different. Its a bit like saying the people from The Only Way Is Essex are a true reflection of Essex ;)

11. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

ok,i wont take my eyes off the screen if keira knightly's on it,but i dont touch junk food

12. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

what if it's a burger shaped like Keira Knightley?
    Have to admit, I may be a hetero female but I would:yesnod:

13. adam87

adam87 PetForums Member

I hate so called celebraties. I do eat junk food.

14. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

shes absolutely gorgeous

15. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Cant be much of a guide book. If I was going on holiday somewhere I dont think Id want a touristy book that told me all about the governments taxation policies or the state of the economy.
    Although we do have a pretty dreadful diet in this country, there are way more fast food places then anybody actually needs. Plus we are obssessed by celebrity, why else are there so many reality programmes on and s**t faux celeb biographies?? (not to mention the gossip mags!).

Although I never really go into a fast food place but once a year and dont read/watch celeb rubbish so I dont understand why it seems to be this way either!:confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice