Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Ebay Bunnie's

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Lil Miss, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

Little Fudge who niki was very reluctant to say good bye too :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hes settled in nicely, and is currently in a 5 x 2 ft hutch, he will be upgraded and bonded once he has been snipped

Poppy and Tasha, poppy will be getting a new name when i can think of one!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they are bonding nicely, and will be spending the night indoors to make sure they get along fine, i think poor poppy has just been craving company so long, and little tasha is a timid moo, so i dont see any problems, its clear poppy is the dominant one, even though she uses tasha as a bunny shield :lol:

2. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Awww Tasha is so beautiful and "Poppy" looks so happy now. But little Fudgie! I might take him back....he is sooooooooooo sweet and nice and handsome (acc to my little boy, boys can't be beautiful only handsome!). Great pics....really did him justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

:lol: i thought you were going to nab him backl and run :lol:
    he really is a sweetie

"poppy" does seem very happy to have a friend at last, loner my backside, i just dont think the woman knew how to bond.
    they haven't even chased each other, tasha sat there while poppy rapped her, then they just snuggled and have stuck together since

i think some one needs to tell your little un' boys can be beautiful too, because fudge certainly is :lol:

4. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

Cookie would like me to tell you that he quite fancies poppy and tasha. Despite his shetland pony status :) He wants me to think of a more masculine name for him to woo them, Cookie isnt cutting it lol

5. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol: :lol: if shetland pony cookie is a good boy he might get to meet them and try his masculine charms on them ;)

6. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

i managed to check poppys teeth today, shes not too keen on people, i checked her gender last night but she was stressing so left her teeth, and i have to say, i am shocked
    [​IMG]

#6 Lil Miss, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  7. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Your buns are beautiful! I love them all!

8. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I'm glad they are settling in well, by the look of poor "poppy's" teeth it is a good job you got them :(

9. wiley80

wiley80 Guest

Well done on rescuing these gorgeous bunsters...great job :thumbup:

10. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Awww Fudge is absolutely adorable, I love him. Great pictures, Poppy & Tasha are lovely too - I never thought I would see a bath with 2 bunnies in :lol:

11. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Hands off...he's mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: ;)

B****y h***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't check teeth cos she was quite nervous about travelling....but seriously that's awful!! What on earth can cause such wearing down?? Seen mishapen and overgrown teeth (pics!) but never like that!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

i know hun, dont worry, it wouldnt have changed my mind even if i knew before i took her, would have made me more determined if anything, bit of warning from that woman would have been nice though!!

as for the cause, i have only seen something similar to this once, it was from years of neglect, poor diet, and a calcium deficiency, unfortunately as a result that doe lost most of her molars, and her front teeth were next to useless

13. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

So what can be done about "Poppy"? xx

14. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

if its what im thinking, the best thing is a good diet & calcium supplementation, to attempt to get her teeth to a good strength, but then theres the risk that they will grow wonky, which will mean she will need them clipping regularly, which isnt a problem

she isnt eating hay, but i dont think they have been fed hay, judging by the fact the other 2 ate their bedding straw and left their hay (something that rabbits that havent been fed a hay based diet often do in my experience) :(

iv not seen her eat pellets either, but shes still a bit unsettled, she could have eaten when i wasnt looking, but she feels a good weight (as you felt yourself) so its really a case of keep a close eye on her and see how it plays out

either way, its a good job shes out of there

15. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

I know....she was lovely (as was her hubby :D ) but I wish I'd taken all of them!!! The one with one eye did not look good and was TINY!! He was Fudge's brother but was only two thirds his size...if that! xx

16. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

poor rabbits :( hopefully she will be able to take better care of the ones shes got left, thought i really dont think she has any clue, and its not helped by her vet

17. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

No he was useless!!!!!!!!!!

18. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

well done, these are very lucky bunnies :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice