Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Driving Thread!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ladywiccana, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Well when i was out today in the car, I am most amazed at how many drivers do NOT use there indicators???? It annoy's the hell out of me, as i always do it to let other roadusers know where im going, especially round islands, as to keep the flow of traffic going.

Also do you tend to find your concentration going off your driving and onto other things???? lmao mines normally the forums lol :idea: :smilewinkgrin:

What things annoy you when you are driving????

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Well, I can't actually drive yet but i'm gonna have to start again soon :eek:

My concentration always used to go about 20 minutes into my lesson.... i'd be bored out of my brain LOL and my instructor would end up shouting at me to watch the road all the time :eek: i'd usually be distracted looking at people's dogs or just looking at whatever was going on around me (everything but what was happening on the road LOL)

Yeah, I hate driving and I really don't want to start again but I have to :(

3. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

My pet peev is when people try to duck round traffic queues and force their way back in at the front. All it causes is the people in the queue sitting on the bumper of the car in front so they can't get in which causes more accidents and more queues!

4. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Oh don't start me on this lol. Like you i HATE people that don't use their indicators.I hate lorries on the road ( they are a law unto themselves)
    I hate people that don't know how to use a roundabout:mad:
    Oh and this is another hate lol...your sitting at a junction and some stupid pr*tt waits until your nearly at the junction then decides to make their move.:mad: what the hell were they waiting for? christmas?:mad:

5. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

Amazing.. totally blinking amazing, i'm sitting here astounded!
    No matter what you say to a woman, weather its 'i saw so-and-so today', or, 'Mrs Doofer was cleaning her windows at 3am this morning', or even, 'Rodger the butchers boys sister uncle gave birth to triplets last night', the answer is always... 'I KNOW'
    So on that basis Why the clucking bell do we need to use indicators at a flipping round-a-bout!!
    You should KNOW where we are going!!!!!

kittykat likes this.
  6. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Tons of things!

But most of all is "Middle Lane Morons"

The kind of people who think just because they are driving at 70, they can sit in the over taking lane - whilst not over taking.

7. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

it get right on my.... when people drive at 20 when the speed limit is 40 what are they waiting for

8. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

There waiting on a man saying, 'your only doing 20 in a 40 zone' so they can say... 'I know'!

9. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

tbh other cars on the road annoy me, if my way to wherever i'm going is blocked by some eejit in another car i get very upset, course the same can be said if i'm walking anywhere and queues for anything.

things that annoy me the most though are:

- non- or bad use of indicators (coppers take note: you actually have them in/on your pandas! YES i know! it's amazing what you'll find in them these days);

- pulling out in front of me at the last minute (particularly on a specific roundabout in bicester);

- inability to use roundabouts properly (i was almost sideswiped by some stupid bint in her KA on monday night, i assume she was actually blind and was driving by some sort of second sight as she certainly didn't see me or 2 other cars.. and had some sort of leg problem as she braked quite alot for no apparent reason, she blatantly needs hospitalization for many problems);

- slowing down for cop cars... who are doing 60 in a 70!!!!;

- indicating while in the 'slow' lane then pulling out without me saying you can.. just cos your indicating does not mean you can pull out!;

and last but not least my absolute HATE OF HATES :cursing:
    - at junctions with a slip road NOT doing the speed limit when joining and causing me to brake and/or expecting ME to get out of the way!!!???!!!! ERM.. NO! What part of it's a junction don't you get, YOU are joining, it's MY right of way, wait for a space you can actually get into SAFELY and I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE TO FEKKING STOP TO DO SO!

SO THERE.

oh and as a list of roads i hate: the A34 in Oxfordshire tops the bill, 1 bulldozer is all I need to rid me of my nemesis forever, either through ruining it or imprisonment I don't care which.

10. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

oh yes, almost forgot.. my attention very rarely wanders from driving.. cos I'M DRIVING!!

i love driving.. nothing outside of my car that isn't driving related is anywhere near as interesting as driving..

i wish more people would follow this idea..

putting on make up, talking on the phone, gesturing wildly while talking to passengers certainly isn't high on my list of things to do in my car.. mostly because i like my car and me in their current shape... if i wanted mods i'd do them while on my driveway, THANK YOU.

11. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

I have to agree with indicating at roundabouts. There is one in particular near my house, only a mini one, but most people don't indicate.

A non indication means going straight on right? I always time it so I pull out fully expecting them to do a right and almost crash into me.

Yes I know you should give way to traffic already on the roundabout and that's why I don't crash into them because I know it's coming. I just like to stop them in their tracks and ask what they were doing wrong.

12. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

me too! :D i love doing that! i love seeing their wee faces bunch up with fear and anger then i wave my wee highway code book at them :001_tt2:

course it annoys me more when they are indicating to come off but mean the exit after where i'm sat.. that's just plain idiocy! :eek:ut:

13. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

My friend took this photo whilst I was driving up the M56.

For as far as the eye can see, a whole lane of "MLM's"

Really gets my back up. THIS is what causes congestion.

[​IMG]

#13 MissG, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  14. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Dont get me started on this lol, i have just got back in from a busy day on the M6 and M56, been in my car ten mins come to a roundabout and a guy in the inside of the roundabout decided he wanted to go all around the roundabout and thought he would try to drive in the side of me lucky i saw him and managed to swerve out of the way, my poor nan nearly had a heart attack.
    I hate people who drive less than the speed limit, people who dont signal and lane hogger.
    I am a really nice calm person but put me in a car and i turn in a bitch lol xxx

15. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Get this, the other day, I came face to face with an old man - driving the wrong way around a roundabout! And a big busy motorway junction roundabout!

How no-one was killed I don't know.

16. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

:mad: That is really bad. xxx

17. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Tell me about it. I couldn't believe my eyes.

That's one reason why I think they should be very strict laws regarding older people and driving.

18. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I always tell my mum she's the kind of driver I hate :p She doesn't indicate going onto a roundabout until she's passed the give way line. Some of them she decides to but most the time she doesn't. She also doesn't indicate off of them. She tried to once and got into a panic trying to turn the wheel etc. That and people going slowwwww on national speed roads. Most of them here are safe to do 60 but you get the old people out on a day trip going below 40 and don't brake until the last second so always having to watch the road far ahead. When mum and dad are in the car with me and a slow person is infront they tell me to calm down because I start getting worked up and screaming at the person in front is just at the tip of my tounge :p

I love driving on the motorway though :D First place I'm going in the new car tomorrow is the motorway to Asda. The cars last trip tonight was Asda and the new cars first trip will be Asda! Mum and me are supermarket addicts.

19. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Well, im not really a good driver, hear hardly sticks over the wheel... SHHHHH, Im 14 but dont tell! ;)

20. bird

bird PetForums VIP

What gets me mad with drivers :eek: where do I start I'm afraid my road rage is getting worse. The indicator bit defo, People who cant seem to make up their mind as to which lane they need to be at roundabouts so sit in both :mad: and the absolute best yet seen on the M6 last week some woman (ashamed to say) hogging the middle lane no traffic as such on the inside and doing about 65mph when someone is up her jacksy she waits and when clear moves into the OUTSIDE lane and then back to the middle :confused: I'm ashamed to say after hanging back to watch this amazing thing I used the inside lane to overtake her, knew she wouldnt use it and really was worried about it all creating an accident. Best bit her OH was just nodding his head think to some music and reading.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice