UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've run out of my usual f4d and have no wy of getting any now until u delivery turns up. Was meant to come today but didn't :( and now have been old it won't be here till sat. The only foods in the shop in my village is the dreaded Bakers an as much as I don't wanna feed it I also don't want him to starve until sat!!!! Will it be ok to feed him this until then?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh god the typings awful - sorry I'm on my phone!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No chappie just tescos own brand! Plus I need biscuits to put in his feeding ball for when he's left alone

·
Registered
605 Posts
speaking as a person who has just made the switch from Bakers......

come on, surely a few meals of crap won't harm in the grand scale of things??
I mean, I ate McD's today....I won't die, I eat well at other times.

·
Banned
12,275 Posts
there is a very good chance that you will upet his stomach by changing his food so quickly anyway!

Any chance of any raw meat -rabbit maybe?? can you do online ordering from tescos asda or waitrose

PEronally Id rather eat it myself then give it my dogs!
I know how rotton it is - they dont

G

·
I once ran out of my usual kible and had no choice but to buy Bakers. Well my dogs know what is good for them as they ALL refused to eat it even though they were hungry.

My dogs are now fed a raw food diet and love it. I recon if I brought the old kibble back in they wouldn't even eat it now.

Seeing as its only for a few days then bakers shouldn't be a problem, unless your dog is like mine and refuses to eat the stuff. Cooking the dog a meal or giving some raw would be a better option though I should think.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Cooked chicken pasta, tinned fish, raw eggs, anything but Bakers. I'm not so sure it would do any long term damage, but what about hyperactivity or upset tummies? Far better having a look to see what's in the freezer that's almost out of date IMO.

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
Bakers won't kill him for a few days. Might drive you insane if it makes him hyper though ;) And as others have said could well upset his tummy. Personally I'd stick to home cooking though till his food arrives. Can you not dice up some chicken or something to put in his treat ball? I've done that with Spens a few times.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ive had to buy the bakers :cryin::cryin: but ive managed to find some butchers tins in the back of my cupboard so ill give him them at night and the bakers in his ball in the day. Looks like they tried to deliver the food today and despite the note on the door saying to leave it outside theyve taken it back to the depot!

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Would have just got some chicken/rice I think, as for his food ball cant you put human foods in it? I don't use dry food (raw diet) and all my kongs are full of things like mince, priula cheese, dog treats, cheese squares etc.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
I would go with anything I could find if I was desperate.

Some dogs live their lives on Bakers will minimal problems, it will not do him any harm for a few days! Maybe a bit of a runny tummy though!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.