Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The dog food company

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MLB, Oct 21, 2012.

1. MLB

MLB Guest

Does anyone know if The Dog Food Company delivers in the West Berkshire area?
    Thinking of placing an order with them as their prices seem very good and have just recently switched my 4 dogs over to a raw diet.

2. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Well, I never got a delivery despite phone calls (answered) and emails and I live just 10 miles away from them. Good luck, but don't count your chicken (carcasses) before they've hatched!

3. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Hi
    I know Scott delivers in the Bracknell and Newbury areas as he used to deliver to me in Marlow on his way back home from there. When I moved to Somerset I had to stop using him as he doesn't deliver this far West but he did say he was soon going to be doing a postal service. I really miss having Scott supplying Mia's food cos I always found it great stuff at a really good price.

4. MLB

MLB Guest

Thanks. Looks like he will probably deliver in my area then. Will give them a call in the morning. Been searching so many website this evening and these seem the best for what I want at the moment.

5. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Scott is quite difficult to get hold of because he is just so busy. I was really frustrated when I first tried to get hold of him and spent weeks trying to get a confirmation of when he could get an order to me. In the end I just sent an order by email with my phone number on it asking him to confirm when it would be coming and received a call when he was about an hour away. He did sometimes even manage to call me the day before! It is not to everyone's taste to not know exactly what is going on but I always sent an order in for several months food when I still had a couple of weeks supply left and he never let me down and had always delivered before I ran out. I really miss getting the food from him.

6. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

I find a text works best. Just texted tonight (7-9pm is best) and got two replies saying he'll be down on Wednesday (Watford). Dunno if he'll be able to do an order to you so quickly. He wanted my order ASAP when I texted tonight.

Bessiedog, text!

7. MLB

MLB Guest

Thanks for your replies. I'll text him rather than call then. I'm not in a hurry for an order as have picked up various things from the butchers, supermarkets & the market but it will be so much easier having things delivered as I don't drive.

8. littleangel01

littleangel01 PetForums VIP

what areas does he cover? looked on the website and he looks very good, someone told be he delivers to the westmidlands but i dont think he will :(
    emailed him to see as would be very intrested in using the company if he will but no reply yet.

9. Kc Mac

Kc Mac PetForums Senior

My dogs loved his stuff and Scott is lovely but to be honest I have given up on him now after having no response and my last 2 deliveries never arrived :(

10. MLB

MLB Guest

May I ask where do you order from now? Which company do you think is the next best in reliability & price in the Berks area?

11. MLB

MLB Guest

Just gave them a call and they don't deliver to Reading :(. Will have to find another supplier.

12. Kc Mac

Kc Mac PetForums Senior

I now use Raw2Paw as they have a monthly route to Bucks and Berks ;) or they will courier out Home - Raw2Paw

I have also just placed an order with Manifold Valley Meats who also courier out, although they will be delivering to me at the end of the month :D

I use a catering butcher (near maidenhead) for my chicken carcasses and a few other bits who are cheaper than all dog food companies :) depending where you are in reading I also know of a farm shop in Twyford that sell reasonably priced dog mince and bones. If interested PM me and I will give you details :)

13. oopswasthatroastbeefyours

oopswasthatroastbeefyours PetForums Newbie

I too used to use Scott and the dog food company but have not heard from him in the past few months and have had no response to texts or emails, so have had no option but to switch suppliers. Landywoods were recommended to me and i have just placed my first order-it arrives on the 5th of november. I have seen mixed reviews of their customer service but I understand the quality of feed is super. So here's hoping!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice