Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The difference a bit of care makes

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Nicky10, May 27, 2010.

1. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

When I got Leo a year ago he was overweight, terrified of humans, his teeth and claws had to be trimmed by the vet so he could eat and walk properly and was stuck in a tiny cage with no exercise and rarely if ever cleaned out. It made his owner sick to clean him out so she wouldn't do it :(. Now he's admittedly slightly overweight I'm working on that, can be picked up and is calm when he's held against you, has the freedom of the house to hop around in and is much happier. He didn't have any toys or anything because according to the PAH people those are optional extras. He loves chew toys and tunnels. His teeth haven't needed trimmed since then when he got some hay and chew toys and his nails only need done once a month or so. He's a much happier bunny just goes to show what a little care and research into how to look after them properly does

2. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

we need pictures :D

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I don't have any from when I got him but I'll upload the recent pictures soon. I need to get a new camera lead he got up on the desk somehow and chewed through it

#3 Nicky10, May 27, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  4. Tsuyama

Tsuyama PetForums Junior

Haha, that made me laugh :D Maybe he knew you wanted to put pics of him on the Internet :p

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Wouldn't surprise me if he did he's smart. He's chewed through some ridiculous amount of cables luckily none that were actually plugged in to anything

6. Tsuyama

Tsuyama PetForums Junior

I've lost a phone charger, my good headphones, a PS2 controller, almost an entire skirting board in my old house plus countless books to the jaws of my rabbits!! It's my own fault though... I know what they're like and I still leave things lying around :arf:

7. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I leave most of my cables etc on the desk but I think he hopped up onto the chair and then onto the desk to munch on them. I'll have to start locking them away somewhere that isn't dog or rabbit accessible

8. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

That's a wonderful story that Leo hascome on so great. I am so please for him that he has such a loving home now. Well done!!

9. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

unlike toys rabbits do need care, some people make me sick! well done nicky i'm sure hes a very happy boy

10. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

well done Nicky for making a nice new life for him :)

*Heidi*

11. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Thank you everyone. She bought him on a whim from PAH cute white baby bunny. I blame the PAH guy for a lot of it. He said they could be kept in tiny cages, didn't need hay or toys or exercise

12. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

well done on taking such good care of him; when Rags got a little overweight over the Winter i spent quite a bit of time in her run with her rolling toilet rolls for her to chase, but not all bunnies like that so hmm...

13. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Leo's just lazy but he has lost some weight he's getting there

14. big_bear

big_bear PetForums VIP

thank goodness 4 ppl like u is all i can say

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice