Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Data Protection Act

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SeaThreePeeO, Jul 24, 2009.

1. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

DH was made redundant a while back, but thankfully now has another job.

However he had to claim his statutory one weeks notice from The Insolvancey Service. They send you what is called a RP2 form after your notice period is up. So if you've worked for the company for four years you get four weeks notice. Four weeks after being made redundant you should get your form.

As DH had only worked for the company for 10 months he is only entitled to one week's so after being made redundant on 23rd June he should have received his RP2 form, which he hasn't.

Because TIS won't take calls during 10-11am and 2-3pm (DH's break times at work) he asked me to phone to simply ask if they had posted out the form yet.

Apparently due to The Data Protect Act they cannot discuss with me whether they have sent the form out or not.

I understand the need to protect someones privacy and private information. But to not be able to tell me if they have posted something out to our address? AGH! What am I supposed to be able to do with this super sensitive information anyway?

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

they should be able to tell you if the form has been sent if it is long enough after the event for it to have reached the correct address.

Your OH should ask his new manager to take a break outside his alloted time in order to deal with this.. as it is work related in a way they should be relatively compliant.

or you can assume that they haven't sent it as they won't tell you, ask for an address to write to to complain and the address of the office/person needed to request that the form is sent out asap as per company policy (they can give that info to anyone) as you already have the information (employee number etc) they don't need to give you any other information other than that, if they say it's on their website or some rubbish say you want them to confirm it over the phone as more often than not they're bloody hard to find on a company website and may not have individual proper dept names.

3. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

on most new phones u cant record phone calls because of data protection

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice