Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

the CRATE-MAT discontinued - Thank DoG!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by leashedForLife, May 14, 2010.

1. leashedForLife

from The Stay with an Exclamation Point Mat « YesBiscuit!

i thought this was a lousy idea when the STAY-mats were introduced - and i am Very Happy to hear the product is dying.
    BTW - do yer dog a big-favor - don;t buy one! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    some inventions really suck... :thumbdown: this *was* one - glad its going to the dead-concepts graveyard. :thumbup: good news!

2. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

IMO nobody should be allowed to buy any of these shock 'training aids' unless they have first had a thorough demonstration of the product , ON THEMSELVES!!!

Are we living in the middle ages or what?

3. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

Fookin hell!

I had no idea there was a shock collar pressure mat!!! I didnt know it existed! DISGUSTING!

I started reading the thread wondering why on earth you were happy about a normal crate pad being discontinued lol, now i know!

Thank goodness its not being made anymore!

4. leashedForLife

hey, BB! :)

yes, it was being purchased - Just As Suggested :mad5: by the ad-copy -
    as a ** substitute ** for an ordinary, shock-free crate, IOW as a containment device -

can U even imagine leaving a dog or puppy at home alone, On that thing?!
    KNOWING that as soon as they stepped off it, the animal would be zapped?!
    i think thats bloody insane - what a thing to teach an animal, ANY animal.

if i teach a dog to stay on their [Non-Shock!] mat or comfy bed, on the floor, By CHOICE and using rewards, its simple;
    theres no great drama to it, anybody can do that... but obviously, U cannot leave a teething, chewing pup unsupervised
    for an 8-hour work-day, loose in the house - its not safe for the pup or the house.

thats when a crate or Ex-pen come in handy - and depending upon the age of the pup, someone to give a potty-break
    and some free play, at apropos intervals.

i have not [yet...] had a client who used one of these - so i have no idea what sort of problematic side-effects they created -
    but i am * sure * they had some serious fallout.
    poor dogs - and eejit owners! :nonod:

--- terry

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

OMG - never heard that such a thing existed.
    Sounds barbaric - poor confused dogs who have to put up with stupid owners who would buy such a thing :mad:

Surely you'd just end up with a terrified dog who is to scared to leave his mat?

6. tripod

tripod PetForums VIP

Hallaleuia:thumbup: so worried about this thing sine it was developed. Now next is to get the shock leash thing-a-ma-jig gone, then 'invisible fences' and than shock collars and I would be set!

This thing was basically an invisible fence for indoors - talk about dangerous.

A good day for doggies! :D

7. tripod

tripod PetForums VIP

On second thoughts its just a vendor who is doscontinuing??? Anyone know if manufacture has stopped? Terry?

8. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

I had never heard of them before, glad they are going out of business. It would drive a pet nuts. My dogs love their x pens and I use them when needed, but because I leave it open all the time quite often they go there for quiet time away from each other and grandchildren. My grandkids know if the dogs go into their crate or x pen they wish to be left alone....Jill

9. leashedForLife

oh, DEAR - no, i thought it was an out-of-bizness, Making-No-More, clearance sale. :(
    bummer - Stay! mat for dogs - Google Search

well, #[email protected]!%&*!, anyhow. :confused:: i guess we have to work harder at humane-education, eh? :rolleyes: ~sigh...~
    as if folks who would buy this, would actually listen... :eek: a remote possibility, but very remote.

thanks for correcting me, *tripod - :eek: funny, that correction really DID / Does feel like punishment. :(

10. tripod

tripod PetForums VIP

ooops ouch Terry - sorry about that :( . I have had a look at the Petsafe and Innotek sites and can't find it so things are looking good...maybe, hopefully :)

11. leashedForLife

oh, goodness, hun! no need to apologize, it was not U at all -
    just that i was so thrilled to think only remaining-stock would be sold, hopefully at a loss ;) and it would NEVER
    be heard from, again - so i got over-excited + then was disappointed. :blush2: these things happen.

i will hold onto the hope that the manufacturer has been discouraged by poor sales -
    or conversely has been challenged over patent-infringement or something - and they will vanish like the dinosaurs. :p hoping...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice