Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The cheek of it!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by simplysardonic, Sep 4, 2013.

1. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm going into the city later today with my daughter, & a little group has just turned up on my doorstep consisting of my son's friend, his younger sister, & a couple of other children I know by sight but don't actually know to even speak to.

They turned up expecting to 'hang out' in my house ('we promise we won't go further than the living room') while I'm absent :mad:

I don't blimmin' well think so!

The dogs aren't keen on the lad, he 'creeps' around & it unnerves them, so they have to be shut away while he's mooching around, plus there's Gypsy to think about, she's terrified of strange people.

My home isn't a palace I admit, but the house they live in is a stinking mess & they treat nothing with respect, so there's no way I want them here, fiddling with things.

They're turned out during the day to just float around, can't go anywhere in the village without bumping into one or the other of them & they latch onto us if we go down the shops :rolleyes:

I feel a bit harsh as my son is a sensible boy of 15 who I can trust, but I just don't trust other peoples' children, & the sister isn't old enough to be left in a house without an adult present anyway :(

Roll on tomorrow when I'll only see them on a weekend!

2. owns the beast

owns the beast PetForums Senior

My partners son does this all the time when we're out. We wouldn't mind if he asked and we knew who it was/how many but he's always sneaky about it and waits until we're out. We find the 'evidence' when we get back with various cups, plates and dishes all out and the cupboards ransacked. I have a real issue with it because I don't mind them coming round but they need to tidy up after themselves. Luckily Stanley enjoys the extra company so it's never been an issue with him but that's not really the point!!!

3. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

I got home from work and there was a group of about a dozen lurking round my living, had a brief chat then told them to run along - son said but we aren't doing anything mum, I replied I know but go and do it somewhere else :D

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

How annoying, on the plus side tho, it means you're a "cool" mum if they wanna hang by your joint :D

5. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm the epitome of 'not cool' in this place, more like the "strange lady in black with the pets who doesn't really talk to anyone, but rumour has it she's a prostitute & worships Satan........." :lol:

Gotta love inbred, boring village life ;)

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Lmfaoo they are so wrong about you its pathetic, just go's to show that the shallow have less IQ.

7. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm quite glad my littlest chick is no longer at primary school (got 4 out of 5 chicks in high school :scared: & biggest chick about to start college :scared: :scared: ) as the majority of the school run mums are so competitive & shallow, with such exciting topics of convo, as botox or shoes or whether little Tarquin has done better than little Chlamydia in class :Yawn:

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

blimey!! Im surprised you find time for the pets what with all the prostitution and devil worship!:eek:
    :D

9. fierceabby

fierceabby PetForums VIP

Before hubby and I first co-habit-ed we agreed that if I wasn't in and he got called out to a fire, if his friends were there, they had to leave too and not be left in our home on their own. (They were 19 at this stage and one was immensely immature and into drugs and loose women).
    After about 4 weeks, got home from work, two of them sat there playing Call of Duty or something telling me hubs had been called out a while ago. I was so P'ed off as we had agreed the opposite..... plus I said 'Right, well I'm back now and I want to go for a bath'.
    ......nothing
    then I had to say 'that's your cue to LEAVE'.
    They gave me stinking looks and huffed out - cheeky beggars!!

10. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

hahahaha..... they sound like the mums near me all in tights and joggers, talking bout pilates and nails... the depth they have is ..........oh nvm it dont exist :D

11. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I can multitask :thumbup: like a BOSS

They sound like the 'friends' (*cough* hangers on) of my ex many years ago. I remember coming home one night after visiting the pub with friends to find my house filled with random strangers eating my food, laying all over my sofas & playing on my Nintendo SNES :mad:

12. Mulish

Mulish Just a Little Penguin

What you need is to be 'down with the kids'. Nothing clears young'uns out quicker than a mum trying to engage them in conversation about Lady Gaga. Or singing her songs. Or dressing like her... :D

13. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

You want me to put a meat dress on? :eek6: I know 3 dogs who'd love me forever if I did :eek:

14. Mulish

I think a meat dress might be pushing it. Maybe just a Spam bikini? :D

15. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

lol genius.... sitting right with them, and hanging like them is a sure way to make them wanna leave :D

16. Mulish

Having a mad toddler knocking about helps, too. The number of pre-teen kids who've backed out of our living room saying, "why won't he stop pretending to eat my brains? Never mind, let's just go to my house." It's a wonder my kids have any social life at all, lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice