Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

the cheek of it !!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mckitty, May 25, 2010.

1. mckitty

mckitty PetForums VIP

it being brackens friend, the black cat !

i dont mind him mewing at the window for bracken to come out but when he comes right on in and eats brackens food !

this would not have happened if id have been home, my partner is way too soft and let him do it, bracken sat there and let him do it as well !

this cannot become a habit, is this a form of bullying bracken ?

black cat is not a stray, he has a round gold pendant on his chain with a heart engraved on it, couldnt see what his name was though, last time i saw him but i dont want him thinking he can come round and eat brackens food whenever he wants, its brackens food !

what does this mean in cat way of things ?

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

A new cat now owns you and your cat?

:lol: Sorry I shouldn't laugh :eek:

The only thing you can really do is keep him out. You could also write on a bit of paper that he seems under fed and keeps eating your cats food. Then fix it to his collar if you can. Hopefully his owners might feed him a bit more then ... unless he is just a greedy cat.

3. mckitty

mckitty PetForums VIP

noooo, he doesnt own me, i wasnt here ! :D

ill tell partner to not let him in again, poor bracken is being bullied

black cat is bigger than bracken and seems fine, doesnt look malnurished at all

4. Tiggertots

Tiggertots PetForums Senior

I don't think its a matter of the black cat bullying yours in more likely he's just greedy.

5. mlynnc

mlynnc PetForums Senior

You're sitting there thinking 'Gosh, that black cat keeps stealing Bracken's food!' and the black cat's owner is sitting there thinking 'Gosh, why is my cat getting fat??' :lol:

Does Bracken free-feed? Can the food be put away when he comes over to visit? He might only be coming for food, not to visit Bracken... you'd soon find out.

6. mckitty

mckitty PetForums VIP

thanks, im not sure what to do

bracken does free feed, his water and biscuits are always there for him, maybe just leave them down for him at night and he can mew if he wants owt during the day ?

7. phil.kennedy99

phil.kennedy99 PetForums Junior

Where do you live? It might be my cat :)

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It's not bullying. He's mates with your cat, noticed the food and decided to help himself.

It's called being a cat and doing what you want when you want :lol:

9. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Why are you letting the black cat in your house? Surely it's a better idea to let them play outside and keep them outta the house. The house is Brackens home turf, shouldn't be shared with a neighbouring cat really :) x

10. mckitty

mckitty PetForums VIP

ive never let the black cat into the house, my partner did, i told him what would happen and now it has

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice