UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In view of what we now know about what Jimmy Savile got up to, perhaps it's time we stopped referring to well-known people as 'Celebrities'. The word suggests that the person is worthy of celebrating which is so obviously far from the case with so many of them.

Maybe we should just refer to well-known people as 'Singer' /'Actor'/'Footballer'/'TV presenter' or whatever it is they do for a living. It's time we stopped treating these people like gods - being in the public eye does not make them any better than the rest of us.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
you're right and not just that it seems that anyone can be a celeb these days just by entering some stupid tacky reality show so with that in mind we could all be celebs but some of us are just not that far up our own a#sses and have to have attention or feel the need for public adoration

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
You are spot on. I mean what the hell is a "celebrity" anyway? If you sing your a singer, if your in tv/movies your an actor. And tbh if I was famous for singing, acting etc, ie something that is a real talent, I would detest and find it an insult being labeled a 'celebrity' because it would put me in the same category as some bimbo off a trashy reality show or a 2 minute wonder off X factor:mad:.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I completely agree.
Just because they prance about on stage, appear on reality (car-crash) TV or kick a ball around a field doesn not mean they are better than anyone else.
I dont get why people are so 'Celebrity' obsessed, they are just people that tbh aren't really doing a job that is gonna change the world!

It also pees me off that these 'celebs' are paid an absolute tonne of money for doing so little when emergency service people/people who make changes and save lives dont get close to as much money as them....the world makes no sense.

·
Registered
23,248 Posts
Ive never thought celebrities were all that special TBH.
I mean if all the dustmen disappeared tomorrow we'd be neck deep in rubbish and dying of all sorts of diseases.....if all the so called celebs disappeared?
well, we would just have to find a book to read or take up a hobby!:D
I know which one I would rather have around!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.