Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The cat left behind

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Singlecatmum, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Singlecatmum

Singlecatmum PetForums Newbie

I have been lucky enough to own 2 beautiful cats since I adopted them 5 years ago. My beautiful Gus got run over yesterday evening and I'm devastated. His brother spent all night wondering where he is.

My problem is that I am meant to be going away for 2 weeks from today. I've cancelled my first week so I can stay at home with my remaining cat - but cancelling my trip next week is going to be really difficult and I don't really want to. Is it awful to put my remaining cat in the cattery by himself next week while I'm away? He has been there lots of times before, but never without his brother and I'm worried about whether he will be ok?

2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

Firstly I am so sorry to hear about Gus, you must be devastated.

I'm sure his brother will be OK in the cattery, especially if you let the cattery people know so that they can give him extra attention and hugs.

3. Singlecatmum

Singlecatmum PetForums Newbie

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I am just really anxious about it, but I guess he will adapt and get used to it eventually

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice