Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The cat arrives in March!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claire, Feb 20, 2008.

1. claire

claire Guest

My cousin and his family move to South Africa and my mum is taking on there 5 year old cat Mandella. My mum also watches my 2 children and our Akita cassie. Cassie has never met a cat close up and Mandella hasnt lived with dogs. i have had a dog and cat at the same time but they grew up together so it was totally different and im worried about these 2 meeting each other! i think its possible cassie will be scared of the cat but im not sure she loves being round people and i dont want her to be pushed out as she loves visiting my mums and it saves her being left on her own when im at work! how would it be best to introduce them? do akita get on with other pets? should i take cassie up to my cousins a few times for them to meet? ive no idea and help would be appreciated thanks

2. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

I think they will be fine after a little patience. Think ynou will fid also that the cat will probably be the boss. At first it will be strange but given time they should both adjust. Good luck:)

3. claire

claire Guest

cassie has some confidence problems too and hope this doesnt make her worse

4. claire

claire Guest

thats a good idea. I feel sorry for the cat too i dont know how they take to new homes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice