Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The bubbas are home!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by carly87, Nov 9, 2012.

1. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

And so is granny. They're all doing nicely. The girls are feeling very sorry for themselves and Redginald is actually quiet for once, possibly the first time ever! Apache can't understand what all the fuss is about. They've all just demolished 2 plates of wild rabbit and vennison so they're doing all right.

"Breeders don't care" apparently. This is what a dog owner said to me as part of a conversation when I was picking them up. I'm currently having difficulty not blubbing as poor old Tia feels so sorry for herself and looks so sore when she's moving. It would be easier not to care, dog lady, it really would.

2. Iheartcats

Iheartcats PetForums VIP

Yay! So glad they are home. Now you can relax and have cool glass of whatever. The kittens will be as right as rain in the morning :)

3. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

Glad they're home safely! Sounds like they're getting on well :)

And ignore that woman, if she knew anything about you she'd have absolutely nothing to back up that you apparently 'don't care'. I'm so angry that people are so openly rude!!

I hope Tia perks up soon!

4. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Glad they are ok. Poor Tia she'll get over it pretty quickly though. :)

5. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Bless, I am glad they are all home and fine.

I'm sure Tia will be fine tomorrow - now get some chocolate down you as a reward for being such an uncaring breeder ;) :D

6. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

awww poor Tia, gentle hugs for her from me and her boy ((hugs))

Glad they are all ok, was the dog lady still standing when you left?? :D

7. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

McWillow, sounds like the best idea I've heard all day!

Jenny, the lovely vet nurse took one look at the expression on my face and said very quickly "You can settle the bill later Carly, don't worry about it now," and hussled me out of the surgery, then had a good old bitch about her with me outside. If I'd not had a carrier in each hand I might have rearranged her face... Not that I'm violent or anything.

8. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Glad they are home safe and sound! :D

9. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Glad they are home safe and sound.

What did that woman mean - you were neutering your kittens because you don't care? What a b**ch!

10. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

omg what a cow!

glad babies are ok :D

11. Aurelie

Aurelie PetForums VIP

Glad they are all OK, ignore dog lady - her obvious lack of manners or social skills means she probably annoys people everywhere she goes.

12. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Glad the babies are home all safe Carly and I hope Tia's discomfort eases soon.

Well she was in the right place to be that........ ;) Hopefully, one of these days, the vets will have a little accident involving a VERY large syringe and her hateful sad ass...... :angry:

13. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Apparently it's cruel to have them neutered that young. So I hold my hands up. I am a cruel, unfeeling monster!

14. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I just have to say, you are one of the nicest cruel unfeeling monsters I know :D

15. Luz

Luz PetForums VIP

Funnily enough I read this on a Cat Rescue today:
    I am BEGGING breeders AND owners to early neuter your kittens to help stop perpetuating the misery these cats endure

Common practice is to wait until they are 6months of age, but we know from personal experience that this is too late and kittens are coming into 'season' or males mating at 4-5months of age and so adding to the problem of unwanted kittens.

I know MANY responsible breeders already neuter their kittens before they go home at 12-14 weeks, but too many young cats ''moggies and pedigrees that have been '' sold as ''pets '' are coming in either pregnant or bred to death !!!! Even those sold as kittens from LAST YEAR are on their 2 nd litters and we have a 2 year old Persian in who has had FIVE litters already! !!!

I feel breeders should take the responsibility to ensure their kittens get in the right hands and '' pet kittens'' should be neutered so they don’t end up as '' breeding machines'' , crated from 13 weeks old until their 1st season to then pop out litter after litter and then 'mum' is got rid of at the age of 4/5 years old ''not neutered'' , only to go to another back street breeder to be bred and bred until they die of neglect or a slow and painful death.

This is going on all over the place now because people wanting to make a fast buck, and you only have to look on some of the 'Pets for sale' sites to see pages of pedigree and 'half pedigree' kittens being sold ( MANY Pedigree kittens offered are un registered with no papers i.e the ''parent/s'' were sold as 'pets' and were NOT registered for breeding ! ) ... and VERY few state 'already neutered' and so the misery continues

We have been early neutering our kittens now for 4 years and have not lost a kitten yet. They come out of the operations and are eating and up and running straight away.

Yes i know some breeders say 'My vet won't do it ' but The Cats Protection League have published a list of vets that ARE willing to early neuter (there are 700 across the UK)

That is from someone who KNOWS! Well done Carly. Have chocolate AND wine!

16. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

We should all be so uncaring and cruel!

17. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

I asked her if her bitch was spayed, then had to bite my tongue to stop myself retorting "Now who's the cruel one? What will you say when she dies of pyo because you weren't knowledgeable enough to spot the signs quickly enough?" But I didn't. Anyway, much more fun to bitch about her with the vet nurses who, incidentally, didn't really hold with early neutering until my kittens started coming through. it's amazing how cruelty changes a vet practise's way of thinking.

Well, this cruel, uncaring breeder has spent an evening of cuddling sore tummies and telling everyone that they'll be just fine soon. Stripey believes me (oops, must start calling her Penny), little ursula keeps wondering what all the fuss is for, going off to play, then falling asleep in the middle of her game. Orson is feeling very sorry for himself as is Redginald, now Monti. He keeps playing, then crying in the middle of his games because he knows I'll pick him up for a kiss and a cuddle. Tia is hiding somewhere bless her. She's very edgey and panicky like she always is after an anaestheti.c I wonder if she halucinates as she's always so jumpy. But even she's had a kiss and a cuddle. Apache? Well, she's tearing around the place and has had to be told off more than once for dive bombing her brothers and sisters. I'd say things are slowly creeping back to normal here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice