Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The best thing in the world...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by missye87, Apr 18, 2011.

1. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

... is coming home to a cat that is happy to see you!
    Every day when I get home I put my newspaper on the sofa and read it while kneeling down (I do this as I sit all day and it feels really nice for the back, wierd I know). Without fail Sooty plonks himself down on the newspaper purring, and as I shower his head and back with kisses his purr goes into overdrive and he actually starts shaking from the sheer force :)
    No matter how bad a day I have had that always makes me happy :)

2. MissyMV6

MissyMV6 PetForums Senior

Yep non cat lovers cant understand the pleasure we get from having cats:D

Angie x

3. GingerHound

GingerHound PetForums Member

When I get home, the dog races over tail wagging and jumps up in the hope that I have got a nice treat for him. The cat watches with disdain. Once I am sitting down, the cat strolls over and takes her rightful place on my lap, and will give the dog a slap for good measure. :D

4. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Haha! You can tell who is the dominant one out of the two then ;)

5. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

If OH is home before me, then Merson stays upstairs on the bed. The minute he hears me come in the front door, he is straight down the stairs and all over the two of us like a rash. It is SOOOOOOO wonderful although I believe his thought process is "Hmmmmm, just the one slave home..... Nah, I ain't going through that rigmarole twice..... I'll wait till the other one gets in and sort them both out at the same time!!!" :eek:hmy:

However, if I get home before the OH, I get my own personal snuggles from him. Maybe because I don't give him any choice in the matter....!!! :D :D :D :D

6. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

:) It is a great feeling. When we get home Molly is waiting at the front door, and isnt content until she is picked up and cuddled, even to the point of climbing up your leg! She follows us around whilst we get sorted, shoes off, cup of tea .... she knows our routine better than we do :)

7. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

They are great!
    If Sooty hears me coming, he stands and howls by the door until I get in, then greets me with some cuddles and demands for food :)

8. missye87

missye87 PetForums VIP

Thought this might make you smile... this is how we sleep every night ;)

Attached Files:

9. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

:) This is exactly how Molly starts the night! She spoons with my OH and puts her paws on my arms so I can stroke them till she falls asleep awwwwwww

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice