Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The Best Dog Training Method

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Danielle0, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Danielle0

Danielle0 PetForums Newbie

Hi everybody. I'm Danielle.I have a labrador retriever 'Sisha'.It's 2 years old.I've been researching different ways to train my dog for a long time and I came across a method that I never guessed.Now our very happy :) You can message me if you need and i will share this e-books.
    Best regards my animal lovers friends :)

Attached Files:

#1 Danielle0, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

I'm intrigued.
    But why message you? Why not name the book(s), author etc.
    Surely this "best" way is a well known trainer?

Sairy and Danielle0 like this.
  3. Danielle0

Hi.She is a professional CPDT-KA certified dog trainer, for the last 10 years and she is my old friend.She’ve been helping people to eliminate bad behaviors in dogs and train well behaved, obedient, loving pets…by showing them how to bring out the ‘hidden intelligence’ inside their dog.So I want to help them. But link sharing prohibited so I am sending a message to those concerned :)

4. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

You are allowed to say her name . :)

have you posted about her on forums before ? Your message seems very familiar.

O2.0 and Danielle0 like this.
  5. Danielle0

This is my first forum experience :) Her name is Adrienne Farricelli.I have a lot of resources not only this.

kimthecat likes this.
  6. Pabby1980

Pabby1980 Banned

Seems legit....

7. danielled

danielled Guest

As long as she doesn’t do dominance rubbish.

8. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I had a look at one of the articles, which does no more than state the obvious. It seems you have to pay to go further.

9. Danielle0

You can find some advice here :Finger

Attached Files:

10. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I must be missing something as I can't see anything new or different at all .....

11. Danielle0

I have too many free resources but I can't share the link.I have to combine them all, then I'll share it here.

12. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Not sure it's worth the bother. Having looked at one of her 'secrets' for stopping a dog jumping up, it's only what most trainers have been doing for years.

13. Danielle0

I think you are a very good educator :) Because a lot of people are really struggling in this situation and I'm sure there are people in need of help.

14. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums Senior

Why would folks pay for some advice from someone miles away? They can read books, seek advice (for free) on groups like this, or - if the problem needs professional help - they can find a local trainer/behaviourist, someone who they can see, who can see their dog and who can offer proper advice. In short, I think you’re wasting your time, Danielle0.

Sairy and Burrowzig like this.
  15. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums Senior

The dog training ebook gives some standard advice with a link to a web site for ‘more help’, but it’s actually just a store front! Essentially, this is advertising a load of dog stuff for sale. It’s very silly.

lullabydream and Burrowzig like this.
  16. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Hi :)
    I think you'll find that most of the regular contributors to this forum are well versed themselves in basic dog training principles so what your friend is explaining is nothing new or earth shattering to us.
    Two, most of the members here are UK based. Arizona is a bit of a hike for most of them.

Basically, regular members don't need any dog training "secrets" and new members usually come with specific issues that they explain, we try to help, and deal with that specific issue. No one is looking to buy an expensive program from someone so far away.

Why don't you tell us about your dog, check out some of the fun threads, share some photos, that sort of thing?

Kimmikins, Torin., Sairy and 5 others like this.
  17. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Having had a better look at that video, it's clear that what's going on in it is not what she says. In the early clips where the dog is jumping up, the 'trainer' is clearly enticing the dog to do so through her body position and the way she uses her arms - raising them BEFORE the dog jumps. In the later clips where the dog doesn't jump up, her body position is different and she doesn't raise her arms. The method of turning her back on the dog is the standard for dogs that jump up, that's fine.
    It's clear to me that this is something she's trained the dog to do for the purposes of making a video, and brings into question her level of honesty. As an agility handler/trainer/competitor who uses body language and position as a matter of course with my own dogs as I've become aware of how important it is to dogs, how naturally they read it, how much more efficient and effective it is as a tool for training and communication it is than the spoken word. Tell the dog one thing with your voice and something different with your body, it will naturally follow the body. It's how they communicate between themselves after all.

Kimmikins, lorilu, Sairy and 5 others like this.
  18. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums Senior

Thank you, Burrowzig - very interesting.

Burrowzig likes this.
  19. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

What video?
    And yes, 100% true about body language, dogs will follow your body cues before your voice cues every time. And most of us are unaware of the cues we unintentionally give with our body and often mess our dogs up in the process!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice