Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The best affordable complete wet cat food on Zooplus?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Catmandooo, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Catmandooo

Catmandooo PetForums Newbie

Hi guys,

I have a 6 year old Bengal and a 13 year old Moggie (both outdoor cats).

I'm looking for opinions on the best quality complete wet cat foods available on Zooplus that are relatively affordable when compared to supermarket prices. So far, I've tried my cats on Animonda Carny but they hate it and refuse to eat it...

What are some other good quality foods I could try them on? I was thinking to buy a small handful of different brands and see which they prefer the most.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!

#1 Catmandooo, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  2. pennycat

pennycat PetForums Senior

Big fan of Wild Freedom. Cat’s poo doesn’t smell at all on it, it’s good quality and some of the time are on offer. One 200g tin a day feeds my cat. I tried smilla which is cheaper, but I ended up having to feed her 1.5 tins (presumably as there’s less meat in it) so it didn’t really end up cheaper at all. I’ve never tried animoda carny so not sure if it’s similar (ie they might hate it).
    https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/wild_freedom_wet/723734

Calvine likes this.
  3. Arny

Arny PetForums VIP

I would say from the variety I feed macs is the favourite here.

4. Jenbob21

Jenbob21 PetForums Member

From my experience, food in cans are cheaper than pouches, and also easier to recycle!
    When you are looking, look at the price per kg of the food as some may look cheaper for a pack but actually have less in them. I also look at the feeding recommendations, although they are a rough guide to see which is best value for money.
    Mine enjoy Feringa and animonda vom feinstein which is in trays but good value and seems good quality.
    One of my cats also really likes Bozita which comes in a carton and has abit more gravy/jelly, I guess it depends if they are fussy with texture!

5. Willsee

Willsee PetForums Member

Mine both enjoy Feringa pure meat in the tin, they won’t eat anything which has any bit of chicken, duck, poultry or any animal which started out with feathers on :Arghh and the pure meat is one of the few which don’t.

6. Kirstd78

Kirstd78 PetForums Member

My 2 like feringa, wild freedom and also the almo nature ham mousse off Zooplus. My female cat also LOVES gourmet ragout, but I know that isnt so good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice