Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The ban is now in force in france

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by haeveymolly, Apr 11, 2011.

1. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

no one is allowed to wear any face coverings as from today if anyone does its a fine of £130.

2. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Two women have already been arrested...but for protesting without permission...not because they were still covered up.

3. haeveymolly

yes i heard that as well

4. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I dont think it will stop them from wearing it tbo ..........and even if fined will they pay ? if not its just more drain on resources so really what are they gaining ?

5. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

say that..if anyone can wear anything that cover face in public..then may wear it to work ..and say i would not like to be arrested by a masked policeman..or have my kids taught by faceless teacher ..or have faceless consultant...I was brought up in culture where you relay on facial expressions..I do not agree that women are and women onl are wearing them...
    ...and in our society women are equal with men..women work...so yes I see what is to be gained..no arguments whether you can wear face cover to work, school etc..driving...going to the doctor...in many places you use your ID card or E 111 card..but what the use if your face is covered..anyone can use any card then?..what the use of CCTV on cashpoints etc...
    I believe that being recognised by your face is important for many good reasons...I would feel a bit frighten if I had to live in place where all ppl were masks...

My dog is scared of masks too...truly is..

#5 cheekyscrip, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Good, hope Oz follows suit :)

7. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

hope the uk follow too...whats the chances?!?!xx

8. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I respect peoples religions, but must admit theres quite a few women wear the full face thing around where I work and I do find it a bit intimidating:eek:

9. xshelly_stanliex

xshelly_stanliex PetForums VIP

I totally agree with it, im not a fan of the frence but they cetainly know what they are doing.

We arnt allowed to go into a shop with a helmet on etc we have to have our faces showing so why should it be any different for them. we should all be treated equally and i think we too should do the same as the frence and ban it.

I think we do enough over here considering we are a christian country by building mosques etc we would never get them to build a church.

10. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

If I go to Saudi Arabia, I can be arrested if I go out in public wearing shorts or for holding my husbands hand because these things are unacceptable there. But WE are expected to put up with THEIR dress code & beliefs when they are in OUR country even though WE do not agree with the covering of the face and many of us find it to be quite threatening. :incazzato: :cursing:

I'm with France on this one and I just wish the UK had the cajones to follow suit...... :(

#10 MoggyBaby, Apr 11, 2011
  11. haeveymolly

We went to france a lot a few years ago and spoke to a lot of french people and they couldnt believe what we put up with in this country, the sueing culture we have being one of them i once asked them about the state of some of the pavements and the drops at the side of the roads and they said no one would think about sueing, i said the brits would have a field day they said well cant they watch where they are putting their feet or if their car goes down the drop, what? they should be steering/keeping the car on the road:confused: he wasnt been funny or insulting, he just didnt get why someone should be responsible for someone else not watching where they were going. Thinking about it arnt they right? i think so. We seem to be conditioned in this country for taking responsiblity for other people actions therefore people are getting less responsible for themselves.

So really it doesnt suprise me that they have got this ban, they wont tolerate all the rubbish or the excuses we do, when in their country do as they do or leave, we need to adopt this no nonsense attitude but i cant help thinking we have let it go way too far.

#11 haeveymolly, Apr 11, 2011
  12. The french government obviously have bigger balls then the british government! But you didn't need me to tell you that did ya now?:D

13. haeveymolly

Your right there.:rolleyes:

Its a wonderful place, certainly a country i could live in, no messing no nonsense counrty, suits me.;)

14. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Australia better show some balls too, am proud of the French gov, shame cant say the same for my own :rolleyes:

15. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

I don't like the Bhurka nor what it seems to represent but some one said this to me today... How would you feel if you were forced to go out topless, and were threatened with arrest for not doing so... It is a thing of modesty to the woman who wear it by choice... I don't agree, but had not seen it that way...she only wears a scarve but it was interesting to hear a different view point...

16. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

No comparison :rolleyes: flashing ya rude bits is in a diff category to your face ffs. If we talked out of our ass that would be uncovered am sure but we dont so its covered. Seriously ridiculous statement.

17. The headscarfs I have no problem with! As I guess others don't - it is the full face coverings that un nerve many!

And looking at it from the other side how would everyone feel if we allowed naturists to walk round naked? now why do I feel I should NOT have asked that!

18. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I can't understand how they say its part of their religion,its not.Funny how some people use religion for their own ends.:rolleyes:

19. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw nah I knew that xx sorry, I should have noted that :)

20. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

where did my post go?? I am such a techno phobic!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice