Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

The 3 nicest places you ever went on holiday

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by classixuk, May 26, 2010.

1. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

LOL. It seems my posts are following a geographical trend today! Sorry. I guess I'm just running with a theme!

Where have you been on holiday, or travelled to, and out of the list, where are the 3 nicest places you would recommend for a holiday?

Admittedly, my initial list might be a bit long seeing as I worked for a couple of years of the cruiseships, but I'd like to see where people enjoyed staying.

Berwick, UK; Duisburg, Germany; Ullswater, UK; Cornwall, UK; Alton, UK; Miami, USA; Ft. Lauderdale, USA; Orlando, USA; New York, USA; Maine, USA; Rhode Island, USA; Nova Scotia, Canada; Key West, USA; Bahamas; Haiti; Jamaica; Cayman Isles; Cancun, Mexico; Antigua; Aruba; Barbados; British Virgin Islands; Columbia; Grenada; Guadeloupe; St Lucia; St Martin; St Thomas; Caracas, Venezuela; Cartagena, Columia; The Azores; Panama Canal, Panama; Acapulco, Mexico; Los Angeles, USA; Honalulu, Hawaii; American Samoa; Fiji; Tasmania; Christchurch, New Zealand; Auckland, New Zealand; Sydney, Australia; Adelaide, Australia; Great Barrier Reef, Australia; Solomon Islands; Indonesia; The Philippines; Malaysia; Singapore; Thailand; Hong Kong; Japan; Vietnam; India; The Maldives; The Seychelles; Kenya, Africa; Durban, South Africa; Capetown, South Africa; Dakar, Senegal; St Helena; Tenerife; Gran Canaria; Madeira; Portugal; Nice, France; La Rochelle, France; Dublin, Ireland; Cork, Ireland.

If I had to pick from my list of places I've been (bear in mind that I'm not a "lie down on the beach all day" person), I would say the nicest 3 places I've been are: Ullswater, UK - stunning holiday, breathtaking views, horse riding and totally amazing; Guadeloupe in the Caribbean Sea - the nicest Caribbean island by far that no-one seems to have heard of, it's got rainforests, beaches, history and everyone speaks French...I loved going there, and I guess my final one would be Christchurch, New Zealand - Such a quaint place with friendly people, great weather and a slightly "olde worlde" feel.

Boy, that was hard to do! Had to jog the old grey matter there to remember places. :eek:

Time for a cuppa I reckon.

#1 classixuk, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Porlock in Minehead camping, Dawlish Warren on Family Welcome site, and Kent.

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

this is a poor show for me....

ive only ever been on holiday 4 times! lmao

1 i was only 3 months to Ireland so that doesnt count, so i will have to say...

Great Yarmouth when i was 6, Turkey when i was 22, and Scotland this April.

:thumbup:

4. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Sorry i only have two places Malta and Wales.These are the only two places i've been on holiday and love them both.But Wales comes out on top.:D
    ps. I have no interest in travelling to other places.

5. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

LOL. This is looking interesting. We've all put British places as our first choices for holidays!

Maybe the country isn't 'broken' after all?

6. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

i love scotland... one of my fave spots was the isle of bute ... i know theres not much there but its a lovely place to go if you like scenery and quiet

i love cyprus but dont know if i could go back there as its got a few memories there that i would rather forget

newquay is also one of my fave

7. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ouuu i forgot to say which order!! lol

Scotland was the best by far!! then Turkey, and i have to put Great Yarmouth last as i was only 6 so i can only remember little things like the pool, and chewing one of them glow sticks untill it split and my sister scrubbing my mouth out! lol

8. love_my_pets

love_my_pets PetForums Member

My favourite 3 places in no particular order are Chicago, USA, Hunstanton, Norfolk and Bantry, Ireland (infact pretty much all of southern ireland!) x

9. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I like the East Neuk of Fife, been there a few times, beautiful.

Happy memories of sitting on a balcony on New Year's eve, at the Mowana Hotel, Kasane, looking out over the Chobe river to Namibia, and watching bush fires.

And I love Stone Town, Zanzibar, would like to go back there and explore a bit more, so many little alley ways and shops full to the brim of exciting *stuff*.

10. rona

rona Guest

Mid Wales
    Mid Wales
    and Mid Wales :D

11. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

the nicest place i`ve ever stayed is pefkos in greece, lovely little place and the people are so friendly - they even remembered my favourite drink and gave us free fruit etc plus there was lots of cats to play with :D

i really liked haven in new quay too, such a pretty little village.

i know i live in swansea but it`s such a lovely place (plus we live bang smack in the middle of the beaches and town so it`s great) one end of us is all the beaches and forests/nature trails and the other end is all the nightlife and shopping plus we get some of the nicest weather, although when it rains it means business i`m from glasgow and thought it was bad up there lol it`s nothing compared to here

12. Gifts4AnimalLovers

Gifts4AnimalLovers PetForums Newbie

Valletta, Malta,

Toured round parts of Turkey donkeys years ago as well with friends, on trains, ferries & coaches...highlights there were Ephesus & Pammukale...

What wins hands down is Salamanca, 130 miles NW of Madrid in Spain...the Plaza Mayor & old parts of the city are breathtaking, especially at night when they're all illuminated!

13. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Where I've been this could take a while
    France: Paris, Val de Loire skiing, some place up north can't remember now
    Belgium: Bruges and some of the WW1 battle sites
    England: Blackpool and Manchester
    USA: Cape Cod and Boston
    Greece: Athens, Delphi, Meteora, Santorini, Crete and Hydra
    Italy: Rome, Sorrento, Pompeii, Florence, Assisi, Venice
    Turkey: Some crappy beach resort with majority British tourists. Only went for a wedding
    Prague

Favourite holiday places

1. Rome I loved seeing all the history and the old buildings it was great apart from the drivers

2. Cape Cod. May seem random but I stayed with a family there for 6 weeks and it was great. Very pretty part of the world

3. Paris. I would love to go back if I wasn't with a tour group because that drove me crazy but great city.

Prettiest place I've been has to be Delphi in Greece hands down.

#13 Nicky10, May 26, 2010
  14. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Cornwall, Florida and Cornwall, I hate this thread now its made me want to be back in Cornwall;)

15. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

ohhhh i forgot disneyland, that has to be my favourite place of all time lol i run around like a big kid and am usually the oldest person in the queue to meet mickey mouse :eek: :lol:

16. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

I have never travelled abroad, but my favourite places in Britian, the ones I have been to are....
    Weymouth, Dorset.
    Cornwall, most of the county but particularly, St. Agnes, St. Ives, Hayle & Lands End & all the little hidden coves/hamlets.
    Towns/Cites... Bath, Arundel, Truro, Torbay, Paignton, Totnes & York.
    There are a lot of places I haven't been to, but I would like to go to in the UK.

17. bird

bird PetForums VIP

The Lake District - its a magical place even when its bucketing down. Actually its better then as there's not as many people about on day trips. :D
    Wales in general.......snowdonia in particular. :thumbup:

Abroad.........the bestest place just has to be Elounda in Crete for me. Just the most laid back, friendliest bunch of people I ever met. A lot of people think its expensive there because theres a couple of swish hotels, but if you stay in one of the pensions or smaller apartments its quite cheap. :thumbup: :thumbup:

18. dobermum

dobermum PetForums Senior

Despite travelling extensively time and time again through U.S. and living there (L.A.), and now living in R.O.I., there is absolutely NOWHERE like Scotland. I vote for it 3 times! :D:thumbup:

The freedom, the breathtaking scenery and the people (most of them!)are utterly superfantabulastic:thumbup:!

Live it ... Love it ... Scotland, yer always in ma heart!

D x

oh! Vancouver/Victoria (Canada) is stunningly gorgeous too! Manchester - not beautiful but gr8 people! Travelled to many other places abroad, but not worth mentioning and quite liked Wales.

#18 dobermum, May 26, 2010
  19. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

ermmmmm.. Butlins in Minehead and Butlins in Bognor Regis. Not so much my fav holiday destinations as only....:(
    But I did live for 13yrs in a touristy part of Devon if that counts and Id luv to go back for hols.:)

20. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

abersoch

abersoch

oh and abersoch :D

(i have been tenerife, lanzerote, and florida before i decided flying was terrifying)....but abersoch is just stunning :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice