Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

That dreaded smell!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Bluebears_mum, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Bluebears_mum

Bluebears_mum PetForums Newbie

So Bear has settled in, my 2yr old Ragdoll however... His 2nd day in his new home he went to the toilet on the carpet. I have tried absolutely everything to get the smell out; Out! By Wilko. Simple Solution by Pets at Home. Washing detergent. Vinegar & water. Wee away by RSPCA. Nothing has removed the strong smell and it's really really upsetting me. So much so I can't enjoy our new friend because I'm so stressed about the smell. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated

2. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

One of our regular members swears by Biotex for all kitty accidents. She has a Maine coon that suffers regularly from what might be IBD so always has to clean up sick after him. It’s worth a try. You might have to clean the area several times tho. Do check colour fastness.
    How many litter trays does Bear have? He should have the minimum of two. I do think that it was an accident rather than Bear being naughty.

#2 Soozi, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    chillminx and huckybuck like this.
  3. Pepperpots

Pepperpots PetForums Senior

Bicarb of soda helps.

Soozi likes this.
  4. Bluebears_mum

Bluebears_mum PetForums Newbie

He's very good at using his tray (just have the one as it's a small house) so definitely have put it down to being anxious in his first few days

Thank you for the suggestion, I will start googling now!

Soozi likes this.
  5. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Biotex is great both for stains and smells.

Just make up as if you are doing a handwash with clothes that are pretty dirty - then dab at the carpet. It does need a couple of attempts so I tend to let it dry for a couple of days before having another go.

chillminx and Soozi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice