Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

That annoying thing

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Jan 5, 2012.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

So, What's that little annoying thing your dog does?

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I can't trust Ziggy around ball games. Not other dogs' games, but sports. I often have to drag her past kids playing football in their gardens. The other day I had to get her between a basketball game and a bowls game! Had to grip her harness and half drag half carry!

Kite doesn't have any annoying tendencies - she's perfect.:)

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Winge the second i stand still.

My dreams of sitting in a beautiful place with a book and my dogs on a summers eve were rapidly shattered.

4. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Ferdie paws at me. I have been struggling for five years to try to teach him that I would rather he kept his paws to himself, but it still hasn't worked. He has big sharp claws and really heavy feet, and he sort of flops one on me when he sits next to me. And it hurts.

No annoying habits yet from Diva.

5. xhuskyloverx

xhuskyloverx PetForums VIP

Bella would be her impatience! Shes a nightmare to take to any event as whenever you stop she gets fed up and will whinge or bark. Apart from husky racing she'll happily sit and watch that one :rolleyes:

Barnie is probably, he'll stand at his toy box and huff if he don't think he can reach what he want, which is most likely to be right on the top of the box :skep:

6. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

Whine. He talks so much. :rolleyes: He whines if you are ignoring him, if he wants something, if he hears something outside, for pretty much everything and anything.

But then I wouldn't be without his talkative nature either. :D

7. SixStar

SixStar Banned

They all have their own little unique annoying quirks, but something they all do which drives me nuts is scrap at the back door to go out, then just stand then and refuse to go outside when I open the door - then do it again the second I sit back down - argh!!

They also whine and pace around when it's getting near dinner time - I'm not likely to forget, I don't need five doggie reminders!!

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Bella barks constantly when we are in the car on the way to a walk, shes fine after weve walked but on the way there its YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP, Im thinking of having her debarked or pulling my ears off ;), Im going to sound a bit of a saddo here but Henrick really doesnt do anything annoying, hes really good almost all the time, I just asked my oh if he can think of Henricks annoying thing and he cant think of anything either :eek:

9. IndyGoJones

IndyGoJones PetForums Member

Indy paws at my face when he curls up in my lap. Also waking us up at night when after 4 seconds we haven't got up to let him out.

10. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

These ^^^^^^^

The waiting for dinner can start up to an hour or so before it is due!

11. Werehorse

Werehorse PetForums VIP

Hugo, at the moment - bite my face. That's annoying.

Oscar - run away when we go to put his harness or lead on. :( No idea where it came from but he hates it.

12. s4simo

s4simo PetForums Member

When monte stretches he puts his paw and claws on your leg. I constantly have a scratch down one or both legs. :eek:
    He also thinks it is perfectly acceptable to accompany you to the loo and stare at you!

#12 s4simo, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  13. gorgeous

gorgeous PetForums VIP

I can honestly say there is not one annoying thing about Lily - she is actually better behaved than the kids!:001_huh:

14. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Emma likes to nibble my ears.. no one elses, just mine and I'm not her favourite person, my wife is.

Nelson is a complete noisy coward when it comes to strangers howling while running away.

Daisy can and will open doors. Doesn't matter if they need pushing or pulling. Have to ensure certain doors are locked rather than simply closed. No idea where she picked this up from.

15. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Mavis grinds her teeth and shakes when waiting for her breakfast

and

chester keeps lifting his leg up to wee...but just wee's over his front legs instead..then runs in the house and jumps on your knee

16. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Oscar does both of these - the stretch usually comes when he's realised I'm putting my jeans/socks on and we're going out (lovely dog claws down the top of my bare foot! >.<)

But his most annoying habit is when we're heading out for a walk, he's all eager, but the moment I go towards him to put his harness on, he legs it away from me and we have a big game of cat and mouse to get it on him. SUCH a wind up after he's tap danced after me, whining, rushing me to get dressed already! ¬_¬

17. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

Dalmatian = leave his lovely silky white furs on everything.
    GSP = Drop and roll in smelly stuff.

18. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

The Rotties really don't do anyfink wrong, honestly, but the Terrier X, OMG, the list goes on and on and on....

I don't like him yipping when he hears horses in the lane outside;
    I don't like him yipping when we're on the way to the fields to play;
    I don't like the way he fusses around his food;
    I don't like the way he has a jealous streak in him when I'm sitting with the biguns;

Other than that, he's fine! I do love him, but he is hard work.:D

19. BumbleFluff

BumbleFluff PetForums VIP

Blue constantly steals the toilet brush and drags it to various spots around the house to chew. :shocked:

20. s4simo

s4simo PetForums Member

Oh I love it! Monte doesnt take the brush but the toilet roll on the other hand Is like nirvana to him. Infact he can sniff out a tissue at 100 yards and can have it shredded in less than a second :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice