Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thanks for spending a few weeks with me

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Spidergummy83, Mar 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spidergummy83

Spidergummy83 PetForums Newbie

I had a 12 week old pup which I got when he was 7 weeks. And he ate rat poison which we forgot we had since it was very old. But my sister took him to the hospital and the bill was $3,000 then he somehow ended up eating more rat poison since my mom was watching him and the first time it was my dad, I picked up so many cubes after the first time he ate the rat poison. Now no one can take him to the hospital because it’ll be too expensive and I’m pretty sure he’s gonna die soon since he’s a small dog and I think ate a lot of it but my parents and everyone else says hopefully he’ll survive but I’m pretty sure that’s just false hope. It’s been like 3 days since he ate it and he’s still alive I’ll keep whoever cares posted

2. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

It's illegal to withhold necessary veterinary treatment from an animal who clearly needs it.
    If you can't afford treatment, you need to turn him over to the vet. They will either humanely euthanize or turn him over to a rescue.

3. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Jesus f****** christ
    If this is for real, surrender him to a rescue that can get him treatment immediately, for crying out loud.

This dog doesnt deserve to die slowly and painfully just because you cant afford vet care, or cant pick up poison properly after already learning how much damage it can do.

4. rottieboys

rottieboys PetForums Senior

Poor puppy :(

5. rottieboys

rottieboys PetForums Senior

What are you all waiting for ? Take him to a vet...What a sad life this poor puppy got...Irresponsible dog owners.

Burrowzig and Lurcherlad like this.
  6. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Rat poison can take a while to kill, so even if he seems ok now he is likely going to die a slow and painful death. Best thing to do is either have him humanely put to sleep or surrender him to a rescue that will at least try and save him.

7. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

This their first and only post,
    Yet they say
    "thanks for spending a few weeks with me"
    I smell bullplah, festering under a bridge
    At least I hope that's what I smell, cos I can't believe this is true

8. ttaylor45

ttaylor45 PetForums Senior

I am horrified at this post poor poor dog, he could well be suffering the owners should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves there is no excuse like others have said. He needs a vet immediately.

9. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

One lot of rat poison is a misfortune, but two is just careless (Oscar Wilde?). I agree with @mrs phas. Your dog eats poison, surely you get rid of the poison? I hear the click of tiny hooves.

Lurcherlad and mrs phas like this.
  10. ttaylor45

ttaylor45 PetForums Senior

I am inclined to agree I wonder if this post is a wind up pathetic if that is the case just to get people’s reaction,they don’t deserve to own any animal if that is the case.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  11. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Maybe lock it to safe wasting members’ time responding?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice