Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Thank heaven for my cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Tawny75, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Tawny75

Tawny75 PetForums VIP

Never let it be said that cats do not know how we feel. Because of the lockdown I will not be able to see Mr T for at least 3 weeks, and like everyone else I cannot visit my family.

My cats have picked up on this and do not leave me alone. I am working from home and one of them is inevitably asleep on the chair next to me and Sev has taken to snuggling right up next to me. They are honestly going to keep me from going nutty!

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

3. raysmyheart

raysmyheart PetForums Senior

That is great @Tawny75 that the Cats are staying close by your side! I feel the same! The Friendship of a Cat is a precious thing.:Cat

4. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

@Tawny75 I was only thinking the same thing last night - Bertie knows something is up and has hardly left my side. He usually sleeps on my bed at night but the last few nights he's taken to actually getting into the bed and curling up as close to me as he can get:)

Tawny75, Trixie1, raysmyheart and 4 others like this.
  5. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Yup, Phoebe is like velcro too!
    When she comes for cuddles I think how lucky we are to have her :Cat

Tawny75, Trixie1, raysmyheart and 2 others like this.
  6. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums VIP

Andre is close to me... (Lola not so much).

Whilst paying for my cats is currently a bit of a financial worry I’m really grateful of their company. I’m also glad I have a garden to escape into for some fresh air!

Hannah x

7. Trixie1

Trixie1 PetForums VIP

Sam is being his usual unsociable self!:) but that’s ok, that’s just him, however, I have noticed that he is becoming more chatty! I’ve rarely heard him speak! He’s ok, obviously just checking on me! He knows somethings up! Bless:) I have a garden too, thank goodness! I really feel for those that don’t:(

8. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I was thinking on similar lines. All the cat people I know are all saying that they have become extra attentive (the cats). Misty is not a cuddly cat and only likes to be touched if she invites it, and not for very long. So I was really taken aback the other day when she got on the arm of my chair (unheard of) and after some hesitation, reached out a paw and gently patted my arm. Then she was off again. It brought tears to my eyes as it's so very unusual.
    I think a lot of the attention is a show of affection, and maybe seeking reassurance in these unusual times, which they must find puzzling with all the changes going on around them.

Tawny75, raysmyheart, Trixie1 and 3 others like this.
  9. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

Interesting you guys say that. The other night I had Rafa on the top of the sofa wrapped round my neck, Tedd curled up on my chest, then Freya clambered up and cuddled in with Teddy! They haven't all got on me at the same time since they were kittens - sheer size of MCs prevents it. I couldn't move but it was lovely while it lasted.

Tawny75, Cully, lullabydream and 2 others like this.
  10. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

A group hug:Cat

11. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

As I am still going to work things aren’t greatly changed here and Annie goes about her business as usual. She is always an affectionate hug bug when we are both home, so I don’t notice any difference.

12. Pixie_Tinker_Bell

Pixie_Tinker_Bell PetForums Senior

It is interesting how they seem to pick up on things. Our house hasn't changed much as my partner is still working as usual and I often spend a lot of time at home (although I've had two weeks off and all travel plans cancelled so still been home more than usual) Tinx hasn't picked up on it at all and is continuing to only come out at meal times. Pixie has always been by my side anyway but this last week she's sat closer to me on the sofa than usual so I think she's picking up on my anxieties. I'm actually a bit worried how she'll cope when I'm back at work next week after having me at home for 2 weeks. I'm sure she'll soon fall back into the swing of things.

Edit to say: I have been wondering a lot recently how people without pets are coping, they really do help to keep you sane. They instil a bit of routine and keep you company, I'm sure my neighbours thought I was positively crazy when they heard me in the garden talking to Pixie yesterday!

13. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

No different here either as Human Daddy normally WFH anyway and I am obviously still going to work. Oscar does like to come and sit on my chest in bed at 4am though, after his wee! Not helpful, Oscar Woo!

I'm glad for those of you on your own that you have lovely feline company, it must be really hard especially if you aren't normally on your own.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice