Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tesco Riding Hats.....

Discussion in 'Horse Riding and Training' started by Rupertsmum, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Rupertsmum

Rupertsmum PetForums Member

It turns out they wont answer the phone because the shop hasnt been there for years, I spoke to someone who worked on that road and he told me "the shop in the building next door used to sell riding gear but they havent done for a good few years now." The building didnt even look like a shop, thats why I asked. Grrrrrrr

2. _Sara_

_Sara_ PetForums Member

Do Tescos not sell the "Polly" hats? They look kind of like bike hats but they are adjustable at the back :)

3. Rupertsmum

Rupertsmum PetForums Member

I dont think they do, but then Ive never looked.
    My local one doesnt sell any hats, but they are in their direct catalogue.

4. Melx

Melx PetForums Member

If you are concerned about fitting, buy a JTE! They are adjustable at the back so fit any size head! My head is a 6 7/8's but iv also had a 5 year old wear it aswel as someone with a bigger head, it is the juniour one which is about half the price but will fit most adults before you are conned by some shop assistant to buy the adults one lol

According to the AA website you live 25mins from me and there are loads of riding schools around here!! Try Cobham Manor,The horse Sheos, Callum Park Riding Centre, Go on to the BHS website and look up all BHS registered riding schools. Seeing as I am the other side of maidstone to where u r I would suggest Maidstone is your best bet and also Aylesford, Chatham etc
    I would definately recommend the Horseshoes though, I know alot about there and they are a good place to start!!

Good luck!! :thumbup:

5. packhorse

packhorse PetForums Junior

Trouble is with riding hats they are a bit like buying a pair of sandles - The style might be the same but one make is quite different to another. Everyone's head is a slightly different shape too. :rolleyes: What you SHOULD do is to go to a shop and try lots of different makes of hat.:eek: Only by doing that will you find one that really fits properly.

If you are going to spend a good bit of money on a hat you might as well buy one that really does fit you. It is not a lot of good buying one that doesnt fit. You might have to try on several different makes (all the same size hat) before you get one that really does fit your particular shape of head.

:)

6. lucy.lu

lucy.lu PetForums Newbie

depends where about yo are in kent but broadfeed is a good place to go and also birchels near maidstone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice