Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Tesco Luxury Wet Cat Food

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by badbudgie, Jun 30, 2009.

1. badbudgie

badbudgie PetForums Member

Hello,

Does anyone know what kind of meat this is?

Is it in jelly, gravy, supermeat, pate etc.?

I am going to try my picky two on this and try to get them off Felix wet

Attached Files:

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

It's like hi-life - so I suppose supermeat. COuld you buy just an individual packet to see if they like it before buying a whole box?

3. badbudgie

Thanks, I think I will just get a whole box and if they don't like it there is a woman who collects for local animal shelters at work so it won't get wasted.

4. Vic81

Vic81 PetForums Member

I went from Felix wet food to this and Timmy loves it, in the chicken one there is real lumps of chicken and in the fish there is real sardine and mackerel and shrimps in, he now eats better than I do lol

5. badbudgie

I am just worried about the comments made about the felix and whiskas brands being bad for them in the long run.

If I can get them used to the Tesco luxury one with the 50% meat then that will surely be better for them.

I am trying Iams for the dry meal for them to pick at during the day, instead of Whiskas complete.

What a palava!

6. Number 1

Number 1 PetForums Member

I think you're doing the right thing bb. Felix only contains 4% meat derivatives, so it's things like bumholes mixed in with some other stuff to look like meat chunks. I havent fed mine the Tesco Luxury for a while but I think its meat in jelly.

For some strange reason this used to be 52p and is now 22p

Tesco Just Nature Cat Pate Turkey & Rice (100g) Price Comparison | mySupermarket

MKine dont like the turkey one but like the lamb one. iirc it 60% meat.

7. badbudgie

Thanks, I have added 2 of those aswell to see if they like the pate.

The 52p ones seem to be for dogs on the tesco website, they are 150g whereas the 22p cat ones are 100g.

Spoilt buggers they are, I am also looking to get a water fountain for them too, only the best...

#7 badbudgie, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  8. Number 1

Number 1 PetForums Member

The cat natures menu for 52p for quite a while then randomly dropped, v strange. They also do a multipack of pouches altho the meat content is quite a bit lowe (but still better than Felix).

I can recommend this water fountain Fresh and Clear Cat Drinking Fountain by Cat It-Watering-Pets at Home: Buy Pet Supplies from our Online UK Pet Shop It's not massive and it's pretty quiet (Cat-It do 2 of them - this one is a lot smaller than the other one) and the filters are cheap at PAH also. One of mine didn't drink water much but since getting this he's been drinking a lot more.

9. badbudgie

10. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

Been buying these for Aber too so he has something different from hilife every once in a while. It's got rice in it so it's not as smooth as the hilife but he loves it just the same :)

11. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I buy their finest selection. My cat won't touch Hi Life but goes ape for Tesco Finest. Slightly lower in quality but what the girl wants the girl evidently gets....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice