UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Tesco Luxury Selection

720 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  hobbs2004 
#1 ·
Tesco Cat Food Luxury Sachets - says 49% meat.

Any thoughts?

#2 ·
Only that I thought that was amazing compared to the 4% in everything else on their shelves, got some home and my cats all refused to eat it. They opted for starving all day, I came home to it untouched. It doesn't look very nice either but I imagine must be better for them if they'll eat it?

#5 ·
The everything else ISN'T 4% - that's just the amount they have to declare for the flavour - so if you have duck flavour Whiskas - 4% of the meat that is in it is duck the rest is other meat - normally about 40%. It is very confusing packaging but it isn't 4% meat only.

#9 ·
What we want to know is, is it a better food? I`m told the Tesco Finest range just has added sugar and salt added, not sure if thats true.
"Better" food than what? Re the sugar and salt, I don't know - someone would have to post the ingredients (composition) and any other info (analysis or nutritional composition) info.

Re the meat content, does it say it contains 49% meat or does it say that is contains 49% chicken (i.e. naming the specific animal meat). If if the is the latter than it is even more confusing to the consumer because it can mean that it contains 49% chicken, 50% broth and some minerals or it could mean that of the (unspecfied) amount of meat that is in the food overall, 49% is chicken.

Unfortunately, labelling still leaves a lot to be desired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.